Ladies can be Iron Man too (everything but the shoulders, pg 35)

Side note: boobplate (i.e. a chest plate with prominent, sculpted breasts) is basically a terrible idea from an armour standpoint. Where a standard convex breastplate either spreads the force across the plate or causes the blow to glance aside, boobplate essentially concentrates the entire force of the blow onto your sternum. It has no purpose beyond cheesecake and is probably #3 on my list of Things Formulaic Male-Targetted Fantasy Art Has to Answer For, right behind the idea that women are 100% invulnerable on their thighs, arms, midriff and clavicle.

This message has been brought to you by the Society for the Appreciation of Women Fighters in Reasonable Armour. We now return you to your regularly-scheduled build thread.

tl,dr: LOL Y NO BEWBZ?

Wow guys. Wow.

Sorry I've been away for a month, I've been having sort of a hard time and have been moving to a new place.Because of that, Iron Man has come to a hault-- right now I'm actually in someone's guest room and I'm not about to have my projects out and about in their house. Hopefully I can still crank it out by SDCC.

but seriously. I just realized that somewhere in this thread is a picture of my 19th birthday cake with Iron Man on it and in two days now I'll be turning 21. It's been two years since I started this thread. Two YEARS. And you're all still squabbling about why or why not the suit should be feminine. Let me spell it out AGAIN.

-It is not a female suit. It will not have female attributes. It will not be curvy. I am six foot one in the suit.

-the foam is plastazote. You can get it from coscraft.co.uk

- any and all questions you have about the process are IN THE THREAD ALREADY.

-IT IS NOT A FEMALE SUIT.

I'm sorry to be harsh :( but after these two years I hardly want to go on anymore when this is how it is. Thank you all for the genuine support.

did you try the t-shirt ink?

oh and when you have more time more videos plz

I always just ask myself "What would Tony do"

happy early birthday

why would anyone think that
IRONMANPROGODEUCE-1.jpg

she a big girl...

Lam when you going to get that thing painted...

2 years later I'm still watching this thread :darnkids, keep it going you've done an awesome job. don't get burnt out because of others

Wow guys. Wow.

Sorry I've been away for a month, I've been having sort of a hard time and have been moving to a new place.Because of that, Iron Man has come to a hault-- right now I'm actually in someone's guest room and I'm not about to have my projects out and about in their house. Hopefully I can still crank it out by SDCC.

but seriously. I just realized that somewhere in this thread is a picture of my 19th birthday cake with Iron Man on it and in two days now I'll be turning 21. It's been two years since I started this thread. Two YEARS. And you're all still squabbling about why or why not the suit should be feminine. Let me spell it out AGAIN.

-It is not a female suit. It will not have female attributes. It will not be curvy. I am six foot one in the suit.

-the foam is plastazote. You can get it from coscraft.co.uk

- any and all questions you have about the process are IN THE THREAD ALREADY.

-IT IS NOT A FEMALE SUIT.

I'm sorry to be harsh :( but after these two years I hardly want to go on anymore when this is how it is. Thank you all for the genuine support.

I know it is old at this point but my two cents are that as a female costumer I am really all for "real" woman armor. I do chainmail armor and plate armor. And all of mine are the same for both genders.
I cannot wait to see it finished. Looks amazing.

I haven't been on the RPF in some time, I've been watching this thread since the start (lurking back then) and I'd left off during that long break with just the helmet work. Coming back and seeing all of this progress is great. Keep up the good work. I really need to finish a project so I have something to contribute :confused I need to start frequenting the RPF again. So many great projects to catch up on.

Heck yeah ladies can be iron man!

I'm working on one myself for NYCC, yours is coming along great!! Costumes know no gender boundaries...rock on!

Re: Ladies can be Iron Man too (more progress pg 30))

I made another video for you guys :] be gentle!

I know you put the video up a couple of months ago, but I wanted to say 'thank you so much'. It's not only very helpful, but funny as $#%$.

(In particular, I hadn't realized how useful a sonic screwdriver would be in the build. The One Ring was a no-brainer, of course.....)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back