Ladies and Gents from the RPF... I proudly present... WONDER WOMAN!

Hi, guys and girls!

SO, first of all, I would like to thank you very much for all of the love you´ve been giving me regarding this build, it was a labor of love here, and getting some of it back has been, to say the least, overwhelming. As much as I could thank you guys, it´s not even close to the warmth you make me feel.

Again, thank you all.

Now, regarding the breastplate, which seems to be the most asked about part, (which is odd, for there are other parts that were more tricky, but oh, well :) ) I didn´t take any WIP pictures. Not because I didn´t WANT to, but because there was no TIME to. It was a build made in one sitting.

What I did was to check out the design first. You can see that I elaborated on it, but more on that later, the first part was to de-construct it to the bare minimum - Wings, body, tail, and tackle them separately. Each of the three feathers of the wings were made first in a sheet of 1mm PVC, and then I glued over them some golden leather bands (which was a waste, due to the next step). I thought that gold would be a good color there, but the thing is - I decided later to line it (just like you´d cover a notebook with plastic, let´s say) with a metallized synthetic leather.

This sort of vinyl is thicker than the usual variety, and it does have a bit of an one-way stretch, and therefore I lined the feather of the wing like this : Tip<--->tip and covered it with the stretchy material going like this : Stretchy<=====>stretchy. The reason being that the wing would bend, and therefore it would be good if it bent in the proper manner. A good side-effect to that is that the strips of golden leather that were inside proved to be somewhat of a resistance, and therefore once I bent it, they formed grooves in the material, which was, to me, the coronation of the design.

As for the body, four sheets of PVC, which you can see where the seams are, and some more golden material folded in triangles to disguise the union and to enhance the look. Tails? a big square of that material folded like a woman´s fan, and some EVA strips under the folds. Not a big thing. All of it over the breastplate itself. A two-hour work all in all, and it did look pretty good.

As Mr. Holmes used to say - All problems become simple once explained.

To illustrate the concept, here is a closer look to the Breastplate, which was the first picture I took from this costume :)

WW%2520Breastplate.jpg

And a look of Walkiria with the breastplate and the underbust corset I`ve made for this build -

My%2520WW%25201.jpg

By the way, she´s brown-eyed, I just toyed with Photoshop for about 5 minutes to get this blue-eyed look. Quite natural, if you ask me, but then again, I`m biased. :)

Hermes, you really should get in contact with someone doing the WW movie and show the work of yours, I bet they want you to do all the costume!

Yen, buddy, as far as I remember, it is all done in-house, by people who have usually no idea what they´re doing. I would love to be involved with such a thing, but oh, well, it´s a matter of those people checking the RPF :)

And sending me a PM.... and lightning striking in the right side of a pyramid.... and stuff... :)

Costume looks awesome!

Looks like an actual "kicking ass and taking names" kinda costume, and less a "hey, I will just fight the forces of evil in my bathing suit" kinda costume.

I dig it :)

Chris

Chris, that was the approach I took even in the materials. There is not any evidence of any stretchy material in that suit, everything is either leather or suede-textured. The underbust corset and hanging stripes of the skirt were made in a suede-like material, already made in that color, thankfully, I even went as far as making a set of undies made out of that blue material.

That is one of the best Wonder Woman concepts out there, and you have masterfully brought it to life. I applaud you sir, bravo!

Great job on this one. I am not a huge WW fan in general but definately a fan of hard work and eye for detail. I would say you hit the nail on the head with this one.

Splash of Red, I used, to make things easier, a sort of plaque that is actually used to display bikinis for sale. So, I got that plaque, played with the sizes a bit, so it matched the size I wanted, and then covered it outside with that Synthetic Leather in Burgundy, and then made the Eagle, which was sheets of PVC with a strip of leather over them, about 2 to 3 mm thick, and after that, the golden material, which is a plastic sheet, and once it was all glued and twisted to shape, the strips did their job, which was to get everything ribbed, really, so it looked great :)

:)

and Walkiria, it is I who thank you wholeheartedly for being the one to help me make Wonder Woman a reality in the first place:)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back