Labyrinth door knocker sculpt

tankboyben

Hi, 1st time poster, I'm making the door knockers from labyrinth, I only wanted to make the one with the ring in the mouth but my misses insists I make the other too, my idea is that when sculpted I will make a mould then produce a final piece in fibreglass and use them as towel holders in the bathroom, I can see there will be a few challenges regarding moulding and I'm not sure where to get the rings from but hopefully it'll come together

I'm starting with the one that has a ring in its mouth and I'm using monster clay

Scale wise I'd guess it to be about half to 2/3

Here's where I quickly roughed out the form, coming back to it lots was wrong with this so it got almost completely resculpted uploadfromtaptalk1431003488855.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431003516431.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431003536765.jpg

Very nice so far... you going to do the other one as well? Are they going to be animatable (made of rubber so they can be puppeteered) or just static? Labyrinth was one of my all time favorite movies. Jim Henson had such a creative imagination and it's a shame he passed before sharing more of it with us. Can't wait to see more of this!

Very nice so far... you going to do the other one as well? Are they going to be animatable (made of rubber so they can be puppeteered) or just static? Labyrinth was one of my all time favorite movies. Jim Henson had such a creative imagination and it's a shame he passed before sharing more of it with us. Can't wait to see more of this!
Hi, yep making the other one too, I'm doing fibreglass ones but I could use the same mould to do rubber puppetable ones :)

This is a photo I found online, but I have seen the other knocker in person.

9271243652_49071ace9e_b.jpg

It's on display at the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta.

Can't wait to see this project completed.

Alex

Looks great so far. If you ever think of selling a pair down the line hit me up. Been looking for a set for a long time.
I plan to make a few if I can get a good result from the mould, a little unsure as to how I will mould the mouth, think that will be a bit of a challenge

How are your sculpts coming along? I am currently decorating my nursery and was looking for these knockers to go along with the Labyrinth theme. Any chance you'd sell copies of the molds?

Hi, yeah been a bit slow with the updates the one knocker is done mold wise, haven't had chance to take a cast yet though, hoping to do so this week, will be looking to make from fiberglass with a wood back and I've got ABS rings for the mouth so it'll be very strong, I'll be looking at charging at least £50 each though

Haven't started on the other knocker guy yet

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back