Léon: The Professional

EmmaInCandyland Hey there,

Nice work on the case, and finding that style of front hasp! I've been looking for that lock (the last piece needed for me) for several years now.

It's late my time, but tomorrow I will pull up what I have for the guns. I have all of them in some form or another with 3d print files for either the gun itself or the mods, I'll see what I can get together for you.
View attachment 1460566

Also, just a couple of weeks ago I finally picked up THIS BAD BOY:love: Easily the most expensive part of the project for me, but so satisfying to finally have all of the weapons sorted :D
View attachment 1460568
That’s awesome! I’d really appreciate if you could help with the 3D files! I currently only found a file for the ruger! Also nice one for the spectre M4! I suppose this is the air soft one? I did find a file for it too but I have no idea if it’s printable but I think I’ll give it a go either way haha, this case cost me enough as it is, don’t want to spend another $150 :lol:

Well we can figure something out then, because the Ruger was the only one I COULDN'T find as a replica; mine is a rubber trainer cast off of a real Ruger. And yep, one of the high-end airsofts that are no longer manufactured... I don't want to admit what I paid for it, but it's mine now lol.
And yeah, the top hat cases I have found that are correct (save for the lock) typically start at about $300US for me before shipping from Europe, so mine is being scratch-made and then weathered until I find THE CASE (probably never).

I'll take a look at my stuff in the AM then and see what I can find for you. Also, at least with my Spectre (it's spot-on to the actual gun) I can help confirm size and proportions of any 3d models you find if you print yours. (y) It was hard enough for me to get this one in the states, I have no idea how hard it must be over there to find some of these pieces, never mind getting them shipped :oops:

Well we can figure something out then, because the Ruger was the only one I COULDN'T find as a replica; mine is a rubber trainer cast off of a real Ruger. And yep, one of the high-end airsofts that are no longer manufactured... I don't want to admit what I paid for it, but it's mine now lol.
And yeah, the top hat cases I have found that are correct (save for the lock) typically start at about $300US for me before shipping from Europe, so mine is being scratch-made and then weathered until I find THE CASE (probably never).

I'll take a look at my stuff in the AM then and see what I can find for you. Also, at least with my Spectre (it's spot-on to the actual gun) I can help confirm size and proportions of any 3d models you find if you print yours. (y) It was hard enough for me to get this one in the states, I have no idea how hard it must be over there to find some of these pieces, never mind getting them shipped :oops:

Yeah Europe is pretty strict with these kind of stuff! And even with airsoft gun, I believe you'd still need a license to own a realistic one, I think only two tones guns would be allowed, but it still is very difficult!

If my calculations are correct, I think the spectre is 35 cm in length? Is it heavy by the way?

The files I had bought for the ruger and the spectre are actually not meant to be printed, they seem to be for 3D models. The ruger failed twice (kinda still a newbie with 3d printing), but I did manage to print the ruger for now, still havn't tried the spectre, just dreading big prints haha!

Yeah Europe is pretty strict with these kind of stuff! And even with airsoft gun, I believe you'd still need a license to own a realistic one, I think only two tones guns would be allowed, but it still is very difficult!

If my calculations are correct, I think the spectre is 35 cm in length? Is it heavy by the way?

The files I had bought for the ruger and the spectre are actually not meant to be printed, they seem to be for 3D models. The ruger failed twice (kinda still a newbie with 3d printing), but I did manage to print the ruger for now, still havn't tried the spectre, just dreading big prints haha!

I thought as much about even replica weapons there. Australia has also been a bear for me as well, trying to ship kits.

This Spectre is 36 1/2 cm long with the rear cap (a variant on the models), and 35cm without. It weights a little under 3kg? That was one of my concerns as well with the finished piece; the weight of the case with the wood cabinet, fixtures, and all of the various guns, grenades,magazines, and etc. really starts to add up, not that I intend to be wandering around with it. Once this one is done, I would like to do her 'lunchbox' 1911 case and the sniper suitcase too. The correct lunchbox is not hard to find over here, but the sniper base suitcase is another story lol.

PM incoming by the way :)

I have purchased her lunchbox as well! I was about to share it to the thread, will do tomorrow when the sun is up haha! Awaiting your pm!!

I have purchased her lunchbox as well! I was about to share it to the thread, will do tomorrow when the sun is up haha! Awaiting your pm!!
PM sent.
And yep these guys would be great to have to round out the trio. I'm all for working up the SGW in printable component-form, if I could only find the case.

***For anyone not sure what we're talking about, here are reference pics (y)***

leon-movie-screencaps.com-9026.jpg
leon-movie-screencaps.com-9028.jpg
leon-movie-screencaps.com-9033.jpg

leon-movie-screencaps.com-5613.jpg
leon-movie-screencaps.com-5614.jpg

I am also on the lookout for the sniper case, it'd be nice to have all main cases! What are the dimensions of it do you reckon?

Last edited:
Okay, so here is a wee picture of the collection so far!

I have identified the random violin case upon going through maybe hundred of pages of vintage violin cases... The one from the movie is pretty distinctive with its bulky handle, the lock in the middle, the wide feet and the bump in the back as well, that you can see on this picture :D
Hopefully I can find the sniper case and that'll be the "case" collection complete!

DSC_0591.jpg

That was my ref picture for the violin case:

violincase.JPG

violinback.jpg

Tagging asavage as I think it might make him smile haha!

Currently 3D printing the guns I am missing thanks to laellee! More to come soon!

Last edited:
I absolutely love Leon ( The Professional ). I have two of the Beretta's with the compensators and silencers on although the silencers aren't accurate.

Attachments

• 20210526_105011.jpg
    20210526_105011.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 104
Just a quick update, but just finished making the leather parts inside the case, I have just received the foam today so I'll get cracking with the shelves! Does anyone have a template of the middle piece that holds the gun? It's a bit difficult to figure out how it's shaped! I'll try to do a quick template on my side!

198451290_577081800362524_1716456869604836002_n.jpg

Hi guys! Just a wee update, I have finished printing all of the guns from the case and painted them (not 100% accurate but these are kinda just placeholders for the overall look of the case, so not too mad about it haha!)

I am half way through the Spectre M4, printing the bottom half part as we speak, hoping that it doesn't fail (still kind of a newbie in the 3d printing game!)

UUMXE1527.JPG

Wanted to thank @laellee again for being so nice in sharing some of these files!

I have recently just started putting pieces together for my own Leon cosplay and the gun case was the very first thing I wanted to sort out, I researched this thread to see if there were leads, then went on my own search with a friend, after about 4 hours, I found what looked to be a match, it arrived in the mail, and I believe this is a damn close match to the screenused case, just wider. The screenused one is an off the shelf one which was clearly modified, I have not modified this, nor do I ever plan to, it's going to stay all original, anyways enjoy the pictures!
215679581_2109934835829189_6123126446604147131_n.jpg

215398600_2109934892495850_4937496211876457896_n.jpg

215578556_2109935099162496_3830842729692930362_n.jpg

Last edited:
Could you guys help me confirm if this is what the board for the gun is looking, did a quick mock up, but quite unsure!

Let me know!

1629023496679.png

soo since nobody got back to me, I just went ahead and starting working on the shelves! I ran out of paint tho… typical! But it’s coming nicely!
I’m waiting on some more paint and Velcro and I should be done completely! Will post pictures when I do :)
E21264D1-22FB-418C-9C31-D3C9F48601EC.jpeg

Also finished 3D printing and painting the spectre M4

55E46C99-EB6B-42DE-AA81-0ADF72BAC38B.jpeg

Just took a close look at the hat, and I think the hunt is still on. The movie beanie has a looser weave throughout, and some deep, wide ribs at the bottom where it's rolled. I took some screen grabs for comparison:

View attachment 397404View attachment 397405View attachment 397406View attachment 397407View attachment 397408View attachment 397409
I might be right off the mark and feel happy to be corrected but My wife has for many years made beanies from old cardigans and jumpers and we both always thought it does fit with his screen character and that he had it made or been gifted the hat which does resemble a Jumper cuff and he does have a collection of unusual items..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back