Léon: The Professional

This really fits you well. Awesome work - is that an authentic plant? This should be a "Aglaonema Stripes" or "Silver Queen"

Last edited:
This really fits you well. Awesome work - is that an authentic plant? This should be a "Aglaonema Stripes" or "Silver Queen"
Thanks Yann! Yeah it is an Aglaonema! It's a plastic one tho, it's the only one I had found that was a good size, and with a nice leaf pattern, but it's obviously not 100% accurate since it's a fake one haha, but I am happy to just have a fake one instead as I intend to take this outfit for conventions or photoshoot some day!

Hi guys, got a wee question, been finding these 3 trunks that I thought were pretty close! I kinda wish to find an antique one instead of having to make one, but I might have to since it's so hard to find a screen accurate one, however if you were to pick in between these 3, which one would you go for? Feeling that the smaller case could definitely be upgraded by salvaging maybe the lock of the middle one (which is sort of accurate but needs to be cleaned) and straps? But I do like the old canvas on the two others? I feel like the over all look is more accurate on the middle trunk, but obviously the shape isn't quite right! What are your thoughts?

IMG_E040555.jpg

I think number 3 looks too small. Can't remember if there's a scene where Mathilda carries the case? It would give a more accurate size comparison. Leons case should be rather "big" for Mathilda to carry, shouldn't it?

Edit: Oh yeah, great costume Emma! :)

Okay, so I had to watch Leon again to see if there was a scene with the trunk and Mathilda! :D And there is! So it might give you a size comparison, if you wish to take it into account, Emma. :)

I also found a shot that that shows the shorts Mathilda wears in detail. It seems the pants are rainbow coloured and knitted and have these weird intakes on the sides! Not sure if this was common knowledge? And were the pants actually identified as Cross Colours? I wonder if it started out as a shirt!? :unsure:

Anyway, here's the screencaps (unfortunately not 4K):

Attachments

• mathilda trunk 1.png
    mathilda trunk 1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 180
  • mathilda trunk 2.png
    mathilda trunk 2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 295
  • mathilda shorts 1.png
    mathilda shorts 1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 254
  • mathilda shorts 2.png
    mathilda shorts 2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 262
  • mathilda shorts 3.png
    mathilda shorts 3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 226
  • mathilda shorts 4.png
    mathilda shorts 4.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 275
  • mathilda shorts 5.png
    mathilda shorts 5.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Okay, so I had to watch Leon again to see if there was a scene with the trunk and Mathilda! :D And there is! So it might give you a size comparison, if you wish to take it into account, Emma. :)

I also found a shot that that shows the shorts Mathilda wears in detail. It seems the pants are rainbow coloured and knitted and have these weird intakes on the sides! Not sure if this was common knowledge? And were the pants actually identified as Cross Colours? I wonder if it started out as a shirt!? :unsure:

Anyway, here's the screencaps (unfortunately not 4K):

I have actually designed the shorts on illustrator and had it printed on knitted cotton, it is very close (would need to be cross knitted by hand to be fully accurate!).
My phone has a really hard time picking up the colours, but the colours are definitely right (it looks brown on camera, but it's a bit more purpleish) :)
I am 100% certain the brand is Cross Colours!

shorts5.JPG

Last edited:
I have actually designed the shorts on illustrator and had it printed on knitted cotton, it is very close (would need to be cross knitted by hand to be fully accurate!).
My phone has a really hard time picking up the colours, but the colours are definitely right (it looks brown on camera, but it's a bit more purpleish) :)
I am 100% certain the brand is Cross Colours!

Also don't mind my fat arse but yeah just so you can see also the pocket on the back! I just wish the stripes were wider, but it wasn't meant to come up like this, but I was happy enough to make the shorts with what I got!

View attachment 1384191

View attachment 1384192
The shorts look great! I most certainly didn't mean to come off as judgemental on your work or questioning your research! I know you're very detail-oriented! So apologies Emma if it came out like that! :)

I just felt that the zipper and the intakes on the sides looked rather "weird". And like you said, the logo is different. So that made me think that perhaps it was custom made or a modified...something?

The shorts look great! I most certainly didn't mean to come off as judgemental on your work or questioning your research! I know you're very detail-oriented! So apologies Emma if it came out like that! :)

I just felt that the zipper and the intakes on the sides looked rather "weird". And like you said, the logo is different. So that made me think that perhaps it was custom made or a modified...something?

Oh no, not at all, I didn't take it this way, but I wanted to explain the process while I was at it haha!

They do look odd indeed! I took many screenshots, and went through pages of pages of items on the internet, but nothing came close to the shorts itself or the logo, it definitely feels like something off the shelf or custom made, but then, it'd be weird to have a piece like this custom made for a movie like this, as it feels like the costumes in this movie appear to be all off the shelf clothes!

I think you have some killer details to carry over to a case build there! The straps, handles, and especially the "DOUBLE LEVER" lock are terrific. I don't know that you've got a base with close dimensions among those three though - what are the sizes? As for color, I think it's easier to start with the medium brown and darken it than to start with a very dark one. In the screengrabs you shared, I think its color reads darker (due to lighting, film stock, and color grading) than it would appear in person. Some warmth should come through in its color.

Awesome work all around!

Hi guys!

Sooooo, for the ones who know me, you know that when I got something in mind, I tend to not let it go... Since I was tired of looking for the perfect case, I decided to do something I didn't know I could do... But as previously shown before, I did very like this case I got (also, my apologies, this post will be picture heavy):

IMG_E040555 (1).jpg

And I had this very clear picture in my head on how to modify it by doing some sort of Frankenstein work, but I didn't know what I was getting myself into....

Here are some progress picture, started by removing the handle and tearing apart the canvas:

1.jpg

And I roughly measured where I wanted to narrow the case to and started to chop it up (oof I hope there is no vintage case restorers in this forum!):

2.jpg

Took the opportunity to clean up the brass:

3.jpg

I also fixed the broken leather strap, by cutting the other one and re attaching it to the missing part. Just a magic trick I learnt with superglue and paint:

4.jpg

I am not too sure which kind of paint they used at the time, but the lettering wouldn't go even with white spirit, so, had to sand it down:

5.jpg

After testing out a few types of paint, I repainted the whole case in a brown colour:

6.jpg

And now, the moment I was dreading the most, especially since the case is so wobbly due to its age, and my poor cutting skill (which by the way, I did not expect the case to be having metal inserts, and that was a real pain to saw down!!)

7.jpg

I have then ordered some green baize, and worked on the inside, and bought some paint and vintage 1900s travel labels to work on each panel (all labels actually are things that I thought would relate to me, such as places like glasgow, and stonehaven, or one being called 'hook' which is one of my favourite movie!) I made sure I had the overall look and placement right:

8.jpg

And the final touch, the leather patches that I had salvaged from another trunk I had (really wanted to have old leather, and avoid buying "brand new" leather, if that makes sense. One reason is because I wanted the the overall look to remain the same, and the other is because I am vegan, so for ethical reasons!)

9.jpg

So here is the final look, bear in mind, I still have not finished! I am awaiting on some foam (been buying a lot of samples, and cannot find the perfect shade of grey for the inside foam where the grenades are hanging from, if you have any info, I'd appreciate it!) Also need to finish the leather bit in the middle and the gun shelf!

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

I also started to 3D print some guns, it is fairly hard to find some good models of Leon's guns, despite of having identifying them all... If you have any files to share with me, that I can buy, let me know!

10.jpg

I will keep you updated on how I manage to make the shelf, I am hoping of making it out of foam, to keep the interior lightweight, despite having glued back together fairly well, I don't want to risk it to collapse with unnecessary weight haha!

Also, do you guys believe there are patches at the bottom of the case as well? I feel like there are, but I wanted your opinion before adding them up!
patches.jpg

I am overall quite happy how this is looking, I wish the case was maybe 5 cm taller, but I think it captured fairly well the whole look of Leon's case, let me know if you have suggestions!

Last edited:
Hi guys!

Sooooo, for the ones who know me, you know that when I got something in mind, I tend to not let it go... Since I was tired of looking for the perfect case, I decided to do something I didn't know I could do... But as previously shown before, I did very like this case I got (also, my apologies, this post will be picture heavy):

View attachment 1460163

And I had this very clear picture in my head on how to modify it by doing some sort of Frankenstein work, but I didn't know what I was getting myself into....

Here are some progress picture, started by removing the handle and tearing apart the canvas:

View attachment 1460172

And I roughly measured where I wanted to narrow the case to and started to chop it up (oof I hope there is no vintage case restorers in this forum!):

View attachment 1460173

Took the opportunity to clean up the brass:

View attachment 1460174

I also fixed the broken leather strap, by cutting the other one and re attaching it to the missing part. Just a magic trick I learnt with superglue and paint:

View attachment 1460175

I am not too sure which kind of paint they used at the time, but the lettering wouldn't go even with white spirit, so, had to sand it down:

View attachment 1460176

After testing out a few types of paint, I repainted the whole case in a brown colour:

View attachment 1460177

And now, the moment I was dreading the most, especially since the case is so wobbly due to its age, and my poor cutting skill (which by the way, I did not expect the case to be having metal inserts, and that was a real pain to saw down!!)

View attachment 1460178

I have then ordered some green baize, and worked on the inside, and bought some paint and vintage 1900s travel labels to work on each panel (all labels actually are things that I thought would relate to me, such as places like glasgow, and stonehaven, or one being called 'hook' which is one of my favourite movie!) I made sure I had the overall look and placement right:

View attachment 1460179

And the final touch, the leather patches that I had salvaged from another trunk I had (really wanted to have old leather, and avoid buying "brand new" leather, if that makes sense. One reason is because I wanted the the overall look to remain the same, and the other is because I am vegan, so for ethical reasons!)

View attachment 1460180

So here is the final look, bear in mind, I still have not finished! I am awaiting on some foam (been buying a lot of samples, and cannot find the perfect shade of grey for the inside foam where the grenades are hanging from, if you have any info, I'd appreciate it!) Also need to finish the leather bit in the middle and the gun shelf!

View attachment 1460187

View attachment 1460188

View attachment 1460189

View attachment 1460190

I also started to 3D print some guns, it is fairly hard to find some good models of Leon's guns, despite of having identifying them all... If you have any files to share with me, that I can buy, let me know!

View attachment 1460192

I will keep you updated on how I manage to make the shelf, I am hoping of making it out of foam, to keep the interior lightweight, despite having glued back together fairly well, I don't want to risk it to collapse with unnecessary weight haha!

Also, do you guys believe there are patches at the bottom of the case as well? I feel like there are, but I wanted your opinion before adding them up!
View attachment 1460194

I am overall quite happy how this is looking, I wish the case was maybe 5 cm taller, but I think it captured fairly well the whole look of Leon's case, let me know if you have suggestions!

Well done! Your case looks amazing..... So what was the case you bought originally used for? Any idea on it's age, looks pretty old to me.

Awesome job on all your work! The Mathilda cosplay is better than any I have seen and you did impressive work on the gun case.
I also noticed there are brass feet on the bottom of the case, noticeable in the shot where he enters the apt building but not sure I saw it anywhere else. There are usually more than one copy of props in films so is that the "case" here or were the brass pegs added or removed from the one and only gun case prop?

Case.png

Awesome job on all your work! The Mathilda cosplay is better than any I have seen and you did impressive work on the gun case.
I also noticed there are brass feet on the bottom of the case, noticeable in the shot where he enters the apt building but not sure I saw it anywhere else. There are usually more than one copy of props in films so is that the "case" here or were the brass pegs added or removed from the one and only gun case prop?

Yes! In the section where I remade the paint, you can see I added 4 brass pegs to the bottom! I also had noticed those haha!

And thank you! I am planning on makign some nice pictures of her in the future, I'll make sure to share them here!

Well done! Your case looks amazing..... So what was the case you bought originally used for? Any idea on it's age, looks pretty old to me.

This is a case dating from 1890 - 1910! So it's fairly old... I believe these were common when traveling by train and such. So I am sure it was merely used for clothing!

well done, that is super cool :) (y)

Thank you so much!!!

EmmaInCandyland Hey there,

Nice work on the case, and finding that style of front hasp! I've been looking for that lock (the last piece needed for me) for several years now.

It's late my time, but tomorrow I will pull up what I have for the guns. I have all of them in some form or another with 3d print files for either the gun itself or the mods, I'll see what I can get together for you.
0802 gun labels.jpg

Also, just a couple of weeks ago I finally picked up THIS BAD BOY:love: Easily the most expensive part of the project for me, but so satisfying to finally have all of the weapons sorted :D
174689993_301762071528845_7511394982552581753_n.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back