Kylo Ren Saber hollow hilt for electronics

Impressive! What printer did you use? The hilt looks so smooth

Thanks! It's a pretty basic old Afinia H479. They're very reliable and print with almost no set up / calibration (only bed leveling - and the H480 version does that automatically). I have also come to appreciate how powerful their included software is after reading about people's struggles with other printers. You don't have to mess with a separate slicing program, it automatically generates support material, and has integrated scaling/merging of STL files.

Down side is the build volume is small by today's standards and you get best results by using their "premium" filament which costs a bit more than other brands.

I did sand the print a bit before filler primer, but cleanup was not difficult on this prop.

Thanks! It's a pretty basic old Afinia H479. They're very reliable and print with almost no set up / calibration (only bed leveling - and the H480 version does that automatically). I have also come to appreciate how powerful their included software is after reading about people's struggles with other printers. You don't have to mess with a separate slicing program, it automatically generates support material, and has integrated scaling/merging of STL files.

Down side is the build volume is small by today's standards and you get best results by using their "premium" filament which costs a bit more than other brands.

I did sand the print a bit before filler primer, but cleanup was not difficult on this prop.

Thanks! I'm not too sure if mine will work with the scaling and merging with the program it uses. I'd love to learn more about the sanding/ filling the print lines

Thanks again man!

No problem happy to help:) You do have to become a member of shapeways to download the files though. Its super easy, and when you do all you have to do is go down to the page of the part you're looking at and there should be a download button

No problem happy to help:) You do have to become a member of shapeways to download the files though. Its super easy, and when you do all you have to do is go down to the page of the part you're looking at and there should be a download button
Thanks! Oh one question, if i'm not planning on ever removing the blades then i don't need the plugs printed correct?

Two questions.. Can we somehow use a software to reverse this into a solid model? And can we generate G codes from an stl file?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Oh one question, if i'm not planning on ever removing the blades then i don't need the plugs printed correct?

Correct. But it's actually easier to make the blades removable. Plus you have the option to display just the hilt.

New 18 AWG transparent red wire with Guabe's hilt and cableholder

7AMsyY4uhCw.jpg_OsDei69rPs.jpgKb_ozBX4Y20.jpg

Last edited:
The 7/8 is more accurate I believe.

Quick question, anyone with a SW print: Can it take primer out of the box well?

It feels rough enough to not even have to sand it, thoughts?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back