Kylo ren saber build.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by SUPERprops, May 7, 2015.

1. SUPERprops

SUPERprops Well-Known Member

So here's my slow progress that I started after I saw it at the celebration... I'm finally out of college for the summer so now I have some time to finish this bad boy up.

FullSizeRender-3.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender-2.jpg

mugatu likes this.
  2. Tan Djarka

Tan Djarka Sr Member

Cool. Someone who says "build" and actually means it. Good progress so far.

KaanE likes this.
  3. Sni9er

Sni9er Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

good job so far !

what do you mean ? haha

4. JJ Griffin

JJ Griffin Sr Member

I guess some "purists" don't consider 3D modeling to be "building". Ironic, as most of the physical props created in Hollywood these days are 3D modeled and printed. 9_9; I guess WETA and Legacy Effects don't "build" anymore, either...

5. Sni9er

Sni9er Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i considered that but didn't want to read into something that wasn't there haha those who 3d print know there is still work involved ^^

JJ Griffin likes this.
  6. mugatu

mugatu Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It's looking very good. Can't wait to see progress on this puppy!

7. SUPERprops

SUPERprops Well-Known Member

Now Now, Let's not argue... True a 3d model isn't physically building an object out of a creative amount of materials; however, it is still a craft of building which takes a vast amount of knowledge and skills in order to construct. I just like the challenge that doing it the old fashioned way personally brings me. With that said, I made some progress and I'm hoping to do a little more today... pics should be up soon!

And thank you for the good feedback!

JJ Griffin likes this.