Kurtz Dossier

Whitehammer - awesome. These look great. I love ID's.

Could we get a completely blank version. That way we can make up our own and as many as we like.

Great job with this and a nice share. Well done.

Best,
DBCooper

You are both very kind :)
I'm sorry but I've had a look for the ID & I think I junked it when I finished the six, didn't think I'd need it again.

Last edited:
Great job, the Colby section is very much part of the Dossier.

I will put it out there and say that the Dossier is my all time favorite prop, even as a youngling back in the day, didnt know about props and replicas as such, just thought it was very cool. Needless to say that since i started collecting and putting together some replicas, the Dossier has always been in my prop dreams. After finding Adams thread and the overwhelming research and detail put into it, i contacted Adam and stromo and after a hell of alot of work from stromo came up with all of the hero and known unseen on screen pictures from the hero Dossier.

Cant praise Stu enough for the great achievment he pulled off with this, some of those pictures are made up of to 15 different parts taken from other sources to replicate the original, i put it up there with all the grounbreaking work ever posted here or the like elsewhere, its HUGE. Theres still a ton of other document style detail in the rest of the Dossier, massive job which is part of its myth i guess.

View attachment 91339 View attachment 91340 View attachment 91341

:cheers

To Stu for doing it and Adam for inspiring it.

Last edited:
Great job, the Colby section is very much part of the Dossier.

I will put it out there and say that the Dossier is my all time favorite prop, even as a youngling back in the day, didnt know about props and replicas as such, just thought it was very cool. Needless to say that since i started collecting and putting together some replicas, the Dossier has always been in my prop dreams. After finding Adams thread and the overwhelming research and detail put into it, i contacted Adam and stromo and after a hell of alot of work from stromo came up with all of the hero and known unseen on screen pictures from the hero Dossier.

Cant praise Stu enough for the great achievment he pulled off with this, some of those pictures are made up of to 15 different parts taken from other sources to replicate the original, i put it up there with all the grounbreaking work ever posted here or the like elsewhere, its HUGE. Theres still a ton of other document style detail in the rest of the Dossier, massive job which is part of its myth i guess.

View attachment 91339 View attachment 91340 View attachment 91341

:cheers

To Stu for doing it and Adam for inspiring it.

Ahh I wondered where this thread went. Those look killer Sir Webber. Thank you for posting them.

Well I think it's like the weather, cyclical. There will be a burst of activity then it dies down then another burst of activity.

I know I've got several non-prop related projects going on and I just started another one that I think will be kicking my butt in more ways than one by the time it's over.

Great to see close ups of all the stuff in the Colonel's file, from my all-time favorite movie! I'm going to have to try to put one of these together, myself!

I realize that I'm late to this; I thought that I was the only one interested in recreating this prop (I actually started pursuing this in the late '80s), but didn't have the ability or the technology to do what some of you've done here. Very impressive and (especially with the photos) outstanding.

I do have a question, however. Are you attempting to make a “screen accurate” dossier or a “realistic” version? In other words, are you keeping the various errors that appear in the film version, or are you trying to create a dossier as a real one would have appeared? I get the impression that people are leaning towards the latter, but I'm just curious.

- Carter

Hi Carter, I can't speak for the others, but certainly as far as any documents I've been involved in (which are an awful lot), I've tried to keep them as screen accurate as possible, even if that means copying an error.

Stromo,

Okay, thanks. I mulled over the idea of replicating the errors in the dossier as I prepare my own, but I find the mistakes (more than just misspellings, but the presence (or lack) of key documents) too annoying not to correct. Spellings are being corrected, some missing forms are being added, and incorrect forms (like the DD Form 214) are not being included at all.

I did, however, opt to keep the film's original text of the newspaper articles. The "Stars and Stripes" article's first paragraph is movie related; the rest is stock nonsense. The "Green Beret Colonel Under Fire" article is actually a 1976 NYT article on US negotiations with Iran over its nuclear program.

- Carter

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back