Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

I'd like to hold on to the heavy blaster for the time being since I spent so much time and effort on it, but it could go along with 90% of everything else.

I skewed the perspective slightly to beter match which is why it's a little distorted.
View attachment 1338319
The underside features a plate for the switches and buttons; power on/off switch, front lamps on/off switch, and momentary switches for the top red lamp and laser.
View attachment 1338685

Rear features Odiwan72's ESB eyepieces with real glass lenses scavanged from old scopes. The viewer hood is based on the ESB binoculars, as are the brass screws.
View attachment 1338684

Awesome build buddy very very cool with all the LED's :cool:

Dang, my friend! What amazing work! The binocs and the Lewis gun look incredible, all the hard work REALLY paid off!!

One more little upgrade: rather than paint the bolt chrome or silver I cut an inlay out of thin stainless steel sheet, stamped the serial number on it and bent it to shape.

33.jpg

That's simply masterful!
The gun is a very realistic replica. Kudos to your accurate modifications.

That really looks like steel.
How did you do it?

(I'll be using yours a reference for my build.)
Completed my Lewis gun ANH blaster today. Started out as a solid hyperfirm rubber casting that was in terrible shape, and five years and many machined, real, and printed parts later it is done. I've yet to see anyone complete one with accurate details.

Has a satin black and graphite powder/satin clear paintjob that almost looks like steel, and the stock was painted with Sidewinder's technique using brown paint and brown and black inks.

Notice the extensive use of Transcriptor tonearm parts on the barrel and the coiled black cable where most people are placing a bizzare looking greeblie as a sight that I have no idea where it came from. Most of the added parts are original vintage, only two Transcriptor headshell sockets are resin casts, the rest are real and cost me around £250 each. That's obsession.

Shout out to OdiWan72 for helping identify some of the parts, Rob Taylor for machining work, Sidewinder for the paint advice, and gonk27 for the engraving. Hope I haven't missed anyone.*

*and trooper for handling shipping for me.

View attachment 1339282

View attachment 1339281

Oops! Forgot to paint the bolt aluminium this time (it has been painted before).
View attachment 1339284

View attachment 1339279

View attachment 1339286

View attachment 1339287

View attachment 1339283

I'm thinking a coat or two of that smoked clear for tail lights might make it look even more like steel as graphite has a cold look to it. The brown of the tail light clear will add some warmth.

It's matt black with plenty graphite powder rubbed in then sealed with satin clear.
Thanks I'll give that a try.
It really is a gorgeous blaster.

Tamiya sells semi-transparent black called Smoke you might want to try first.

tam85071.jpg

Beautiful work! How did you attach the scotchlite inside out?
Washes look just like the real thing too

Awesome!! I don’t know your circumstance, but for some reason your blaster sale made me feel a bit bummed. I’m glad to see you getting at it! That’s got to be a Relby?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back