I finally broke down, from the quest for perfection, and found a "passable" element. The faded watermelon over blueberry, with batik fades, button up is just a holy grail item at this point. I found a nice blue over red wash with confusing 80s background pattern that, when described, would sound like the same shirt. I might fade it a bit, if it presents too bright. but here is my addition with a Kurt comp pic right after:

20240206_205636.jpg
Screenshot_20211016-231027_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20211023-232310_Gallery.jpg

Definitely looks like I have some bleaching to do. And replacing the black buttons with the pearl-white but at least buttons are easy and won't eat a shirt like bleach will......

So, with the addition of the buttons (not yet attached), this is what I have so far (I made the security tag in photoshop, laminated it, added external printed ID label and beaded my lanyard):

View attachment 1724258
Hello. I don't know much about this website or how it works or anything like that, so I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask questions. I'm working on recreating Kurt Cobain's MTV Unplugged outfit for a convention & wondering if you have a better photo of the stage pass you created. I haven't had much luck trying to recreate it myself because there aren't very many photos of his stage pass & yours is the most accurate one I've seen so far, though it's partially covered by the cardigan. I'd appreciate it if you could send a photo of the pass or the image used to create it, but I understand if you'd rather not.

Hello. I don't know much about this website or how it works or anything like that, so I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask questions. I'm working on recreating Kurt Cobain's MTV Unplugged outfit for a convention & wondering if you have a better photo of the stage pass you created. I haven't had much luck trying to recreate it myself because there aren't very many photos of his stage pass & yours is the most accurate one I've seen so far, though it's partially covered by the cardigan. I'd appreciate it if you could send a photo of the pass or the image used to create it, but I understand if you'd rather not.
Oh sorry, thought i had already uploaded. Will look for it tonight and get it loaded.

Well carp... ok so i am a hoser and deleted the email that had my file in it so now I need to fire up my old work computer and find the image file. I swore I had uploaded it already but now I see I didn't even load the good photo. At least I still had that on my phone so here it is. The white printed sticker is the standard sticker used for printing mailing labels, so you need to make this separate from the pass and stick it on the outside. The bead chain is very long and puts the badge in his lap when seated.
kurtcobainmtvunpluggedstagepass.jpg

And round your corners before laminating and then round your laminate corners after. That is important or it looks doofy. It took many hours in photoshop to build this so I am stoked to see it get used. I should be able to find the print file and get some measurements by tomorrow. and will try to get the font name for the white over sticker. I would love to see this in pics so definitely share when you get ready and feel free to make as many as you want.

Oh and my quick disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Nirvana, Kurt, nor MTV so cannot vouch for any issues they might have in reproducing this as it was only for personal use.....that said, I would love to see every diehard fan wearing it.

And remember, post your full outfit pics here.

I am still looking for a guitar that I can deck out with the right parts but I am pretty happy with the other pieces now.

I will likely fade and weather the blue and red button up.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back