Kryptonians (Superman Animated Series)

Knight Falcon

Hey guys,

Again, I have another project set to be finished by May, and my lovely girlfriend has finally agreed to be apart of the costuming (as long as I make it lol).

Anyway, I have chosen to become Jor-El and Lara Lor-Van from the Superman animated series' first episode.

IMG_3708.JPG

IMG_3710.JPG
IMG_3873.jpgIMG_3874.jpgIMG_3875.jpg
I wanted to make some adjustments since the animated model isn't so detailed. For the back of the suit I will make it appear to be closer to superman's cape.

IMG_3872.jpg

So I started with a cardboard skeleton of Jor-El's collar piece and attached red, silky fabric to it.
IMG_3873.jpgIMG_3874.jpgIMG_3875.jpg

Then I sewed a frontal piece (keep in mind that I'm not the best at sewing...but theres a start for everything!)

IMG_3881.jpgIMG_3888.jpg

Still a long way to go, as I still have a lot left to do on mine, as well as my girlfriends. I only just completed her tape mannequin.

Thanks for your time!

-KF

Added the cape, Not exactly sure If I like how I did it (the problem came after I lined it). I may redo it if I have time.
Let me know what you guys think!

IMG_4557.jpg
IMG_4558.jpg
IMG_4556.jpg
IMG_4555.jpg

Worked a little on the female dress this weekend.

IMG_4749.jpgIMG_4750.jpgIMG_4754.jpg

It looks sort of crooked but that's from me not being able to put the dress on straight lol

I did mess up once on the front, but, luckily, the golden armor-ish pieces will cover it up!

Not bad for a first-timer in my opinion :)

Got some work done since I actually wasn't scheduled for work! (It's finals week..so I'll make this quick lol)

Fiberglassed "Lara's" helmet as well as the armor pics. Will bondo soon.
I'll let the pictures talk.

IMG_5133.jpgIMG_5134.jpgIMG_5135.jpgIMG_5137.jpg

Let me know what you think! I took some artistic liberties with the detail, but I'm liking it so far!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back