Kolchak: The Night Stalker - His Gear

Since I suggested it....

photos017.jpg

Well, on the cheap I'd recommend hitting up your local goodwill and thrift stores in search of a suit and hat. Target had a hat or two that would be passable if you bought new ribbon for the band. White sneakers, black dress socks, a blue dress shirt, black tie...all available in either your closet or even at the thrift stores again.

Is the watch silver with black band or gold with black band?

Upon studying screen grabs of the "Legacy Of Terror" episode, I managed to get my hands on Kolchak's watch! It's a Timex "Electronic" model. As with other brand names in the series, it appears on the closeups of the watch face they actually buffed out the "Timex" name from the watch face.

- Paul

Well I won a lot of two TC-55's. Both came with cases. One case had a strap permanently attached as well as the small clip that he attaches the camera strap to. The other came with a case with no strap. The one with no strap also had no way of attaching one. So...it would seem two case styles were available. As for the watch, it's silver with a black band. The case is chrome mirrored finish. The face has a slight gold tint. Hope this helps.
- Paul

That would work nicely. In fact..the silver clips...well they're very similar to the one attached on the strap that they obviously used to attach the camera.
- Paul

Okay, you guys are amazing. The ease with which you track down these details is stunning. Or at least the apparent ease, don't want to maginalize the amount of effort expended in this research. Kudos from someone who's a big enough Kolchak fan to invoke him in his screen name.

October 30th, 2011.

A dispatch on the wire at INS reported bizarre accounts of the dead rising from their graves at several Windy City cemeteries. My managing editor Tony Vincenzo dispatched me to investigate, but I already knew what I was up against. Zombies. I've dealt with only one before, and if the reports are true, I'm going to need a lot of salt, needles and thread to sew their mouths shut to keep their rampage at a minimum...

KOLCHAK_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Any other props from the series come to mind? There's the mojo bag from "The Trevi Collection" with the poppets, the zombie kit, Mr RING's mask, Rakshasa crossbow (Terror in the Heights), the Succubus tablet, and numerous newspaper/paper props . . . .

Well the mojo bag is probably next on my list. Mr. Ring's mask is a good idea too! I'm not good with paper props, or I'd say several of the newspaper headlines would make great replicas. Zombie kit wouldn't be too hard. Reproducing the label on the salt canister would be the main thing.
- Paul

I think Zombie ranks up there as one of my top three along with Werewolf and Vampire.

I'm selling both my Sony TC40 and TC55 if anyone's interested. The TC55 doesn't run but is a good static display prop. The 40 works.

JV

Baron hats raised ALL of their hat prices.

The Kolchak is now $ 650.00

I doubt there will be any buyers at that price

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back