Kolchak: The Night Stalker - His Gear

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

klung1

Hi,
Does anyone know the type of camera, flash and tape recorder used by Darren McGavin in the 1972 Night Stalker TV show?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think it was some 110 camera with a flash.

I had one when the show came out but God it was so long ago I forgot which brand it was.

Back then finding a flash for it was NO easy feat either.

Looking forward to seeing what the board comes up with on this one.

Toylord

I'm a HUGE Kolchak fan and I've begun the process of trying to figure out Kolchak's gear as well. I CAN tell you that Kolchak's tape recorder in the Night Stalker movie was a Sony TC-40. I can post pics if anyone's interested.
- Paul

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
What was unusual was the flash attachement on it, I was into photography at the time the show was on and no one knew what the hell that was. :lol

He had one of the Kodak pocket cameras that takes 110 film. Do a google and see what comes up .

Toylord

I can't find the exact camera for the life of me. The DVD set is great but I can't find a clear enough shot to read the brand. The lens is round and prominent..unlike any Kodak's I can find pictures of.

DARTH SABER

Master Member
Sill one of my favorite shows...every few months or so I toss in the movies and the series into the DVD player a watch the whole thing over the course of week.

Toylord

IMAG0062.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.