Kobe Bryant dies in Helicopter crash

Sad thing is, if it didn't have a celebrity involved, it wouldn't have even made the news.

Sorry, but I'm going to disagree. This crash happened in an affluent neighborhood here in L.A. It definitely would've made the news regardless of who was on board. Definitely not to the extent to which it has, but still would've made at least the national news. Also, given that it was all parents and their kids, that would also make it pretty newsworthy.

Sorry, but I'm going to disagree. This crash happened in an affluent neighborhood here in L.A. It definitely would've made the news regardless of who was on board. Definitely not to the extent to which it has, but still would've made at least the national news. Also, given that it was all parents and their kids, that would also make it pretty newsworthy.

Several "newsworthy" factors there, but no matter what, it happens every day. How many people's lives are rocked on a daily basis and never make the news? It just wouldn't be possible to report on every life affected by tragedy.

It wouldn't have garnered a fraction of the news if not for him. There'd be stories online that'd be 2-3 paragraphs long and that is it. No TV breaks, or celeb interviews, etc. Yahoo wouldn't have 15 of their 40 headlines of the day devoted it to it for 3 days, etc.

It would get mention, but that's about it.

This death hit me harder then any other celebrity death. Usually I don’t really care about celebrities going early.i don’t loose sleep over it. I also didn’t really care to much about Kobe. I’m from philly,so I hate every sports team that doesn’t start with Philadelphia. But in 2017 when the eagles won the Super Bowl I saw a video of Kobe watching the last play. He had pretty much the same reaction every philly fan had. From that point I stopped seeing him as Kobe Bryant from the lakers,I saw him as one of us.when I heard he died I had to pull over cause it got to me.

steven giunta People divide people, while in fact we're all connected as you've just proven with your testimony.The trick is to stay fan ánd not get carried away up to the point where you would want to join the fight between players, referees and drunk patrons that's going on in front of you

My friend was a huge Kobe fan so i made him a little tribute to put in his star wars figure collection.

20200301_180028.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back