Kobe Bryant dies in Helicopter crash

Agreed a 13 year old at the beginning of her life. Still very saddening to hear he has died. Will have to wait to see what the cause of helicopter going down. There is a rule in aviation when flying a plane 3 things can cause problems. With a helicopter 8 things can go wrong. Again he will be missed as well as his daughter.

He was a virtuoso. I'm grateful to have seen such an athlete in my lifetime, especially being a Laker fan. But to lose his daughter alongside him. So tragic. I've heard that she was the closest with him of his daughters. Always by his side. So sad.

And let us not forget the others that died too. God be with their families.

I was on a flight this morning landing in L.A. when the news spread amongst the passengers. There was like a collective gasp as we all heard. So surreal and so sad. I'm born and raised in L.A. and even though I was never a big NBA fan, the years when Kobe played for the Lakers made everyone in the city a fan. As fans we can all relate to losing something we love. It hurts.

I’m not a basket ball Fan, but I know of him. I refuse to follow the news because of all the negative stories

Just seeing and learning about this now

What a shame...

I heard that TMZ broke the story before the family was notified.
Which of course means before anyone‘s family on the copter was notified.
there’s no good way to find out, but..........

The price of Celebrity, right or wrong.....

I heard that TMZ broke the story before the family was notified.
Which of course means before anyone‘s family on the copter was notified.
there’s no good way to find out, but..........

He inspired a whole generation worldwide. All my friends from high school were big NBA and basketball fans, as we grew up with Pau Gasol and the Spanish national team winning championships, and almost all of my friends had Kobe's jersey. And, when watching NBA games with them, Kobe was the one I'd be looking at, even though I never understood the metagame in basketball and I'm not a fan, but it was beautiful to watch him play. And then the way he understood competition and sport was a great example I think. I admired the guy. Rest in peace.

Last edited:
Growing up in Southern California, you can see the impact he had on my generation. He was a living legend in basketball. The michael Jordan of our era. I’m not a basketball fan, but he was sports royalty. Completely shock. Never thought this could happen. Always thought he would grow old like the other basketball greats.
Even more sad that his daughter was on board.
Believe this is the first year of eligibility for hall of fame Voting.

Very sad this, 9 people in total were killed in this accident including children and my heart goes out to all familys involved.

Irish Rallycar legend Bertie Fisher crashed his helicopter in very similar and tragic circumstances in 2001 in northern Ireland when he flew into cloud and lost control, an RAF helicopter was also grounded due to weather on the day of berties crash similar to what happened here with kobi's accident.

Bertie was not an experienced pilot but Kobi's pilot was so i find it strange to even fly under visual flight rules considering the weather, helicopters dont like clouds due to the lack of air, definately dangerous machines.

RIP to the 9 souls on board

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back