Klean Klay

framdam

Hi everyone,
Been sculpting over the past couple of years using the oil based clay 'Klean Klay' and have now ran out. (In the middle of a sculpt! lol). Does anybody know of a good alternative?

Thanks

You can still find Klean clay on ebay.
Other than that I've heard good things about monster clay, its a bit more expensive though.

Van Aken picked up the recipe and sell it under the name Klean Klay Alternative. It's a little less oily, but otherwise the same in my opinion. YMMV.

Monster Clay is a completely different animal than Klean Klay they will not work well together Monster Clay is a very hard wax like clay. Yes Klean Klay can be found on ebay.

I use them both for different applications so I'm familiar with them.

Theres another clay that is identical to Klean Klay called Form It clay Sculpture Supply Canada - Product Detail Its very nice for doing soft applications. i have about 20lbs that I use to make mold walls and whatnot.

Yes I get my klean klay from eBay, is monster clay oil based as well?

Monster clay is an oil based clay but also has a bit of wax added in which makes it my absolute fave (replacing Chevant NSP Medium).

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back