Kit Parts ID help - Alien Nostromo Flamethrower

Birdie

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all, I'm trying to accurise my Alien flame thrower and tring to identify as many of the detail parts as possible. A good job was done by 8th_Passenger Passenger and many others over on Propsummit Propsummit.com a Blade Runner Prop Community Forum BladeRunnerProps.comView topic - âGive me about twenty minutesâ â ALIEN â Incinerator Unit, but I'd like to throw it open to all of the experts on the RPF.
I've shaded and named the identified kits in the following images, any help finding any of the rest would be much appreciated!

bits.jpg

bits 2.jpg

bits3.jpg

bits4.jpg

bis5.jpg

vue_04.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't the Tamiya Tyrell part on the Millenium Falcon? Lots of builders (Studio Scale section) are mapping it right now; they would know if someone made a mold and reproduced the part.;)

Daaaamn! I'd know idea that this thing had so much detail!
Picking the [gas] bottles are a found item, anyone know what they'er from?

They are vintage scuba pony bottles, pretty heavy. The correct ones do turn up on ebay, they are probably rarer than when I got mine around ten years ago.

They are vintage scuba pony bottles, pretty heavy. The correct ones do turn up on ebay, they are probably rarer than when I got mine around ten years ago.
Damn, I was hoping they were sodastream bottles or something similar :)
Would you mind posting the dia & total length [rounded base to the threaded fittings] of your bottles, please?

I've now ID'ed nearly every thing i'm looking for. I'm exc.luding the probe section. Some of them I spotted from kits already identified. If anyone wants an updated part map, let me know.. They are virtually all from Martin Bower's near mythical Narcissus kit collection.

Here are the parts I'm still haven't found:

Flamer 1.jpg

From the other side:

famer 2.jpg

This part (or two parts) are mounted on half a Triang Pier riser, two complete ones are mounted further back. Looks kinda like some kind of snap-lock part.

Last edited:
The red one is very likely a 0.38 liter 200 bar steel cylinder from a Fenzy bouyancy compensator vest, the white one looks similar. In the seventies and eighties these were used a lot, they were filled with air from regular scuba tanks.

Attachments

• 2FBF279B-D743-4BAB-91E3-F4D11EA0725C.jpeg
    2FBF279B-D743-4BAB-91E3-F4D11EA0725C.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 95
  • D5BACD6B-2615-4745-B0AF-E8ACBE41B996.jpeg
    D5BACD6B-2615-4745-B0AF-E8ACBE41B996.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 79
  • E208A7E8-4A0C-4B84-B912-B7D701A3F663.jpeg
    E208A7E8-4A0C-4B84-B912-B7D701A3F663.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 40477B58-E8A0-443B-8893-B6B333A060DC.jpeg
    40477B58-E8A0-443B-8893-B6B333A060DC.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 81

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back