HELP NEEDED - ID these model kit parts? One for the kitbashers...

RobWolf

Hey RPF gang! Really hoping some of you can help out on this one, I know what miracle workers you can be!

We all know how irritating (and selfish) it is when people ID prop parts and sit on the information rather than sharing it. Well, this has sadly happened in the Airwolf community, as one member has identified all of the model kit parts that were used on the Airwolf helmet mouthpieces but is keeping it to himself as he apparently is going to start making and selling his own very soon.

The Airwolf community have wondered about this particular prop for years, the only piece that has been identified to date and is common knowledge is the back end of the old AT-AT kit. So, if any of you clever sods can ID the rest, we'd really appreciate it.

Two pieces either side, they look to me like they could be from a car kit, maybe part of a drive shaft where it connects to the engine?

Four small round bits with smaller dots at each 'corner'...they look like they might be from a military vehicle?

Attachments

• sketch-1528239818871.png
    sketch-1528239818871.png
    951.7 KB · Views: 235
Also, these two parts on the underside of the mouthpiece, these look like footplates or running boards, again I'm thinking military vehicle?

Attachments

• _20180606_000855.JPG
    _20180606_000855.JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 125
The two bits you think may be car driveshafts I recognize from TOS Battlestar Galactica models – the Colonial Shuttle I believe. You might try contacting the OP of this thread; he claims to have IDed 99% of tbe mitt parts used on the shuttle.

Are those small round pieces Universal Greeblies? (from a WWII German Leopold rail gun kit)
I was thinking the same thing!
are you a Tested listener? I've never actually seen what those look like until just now but it fits adam savage's description of them perfectly.

I was thinking the same thing!
are you a Tested listener? I've never actually seen what those look like until just now but it fits Adam Savage's description of them perfectly.

I watched that episode again the other day so it was fresh in my mind ;)

Looks like Star-art has your answer Robwolf, you’ll have to ask a trickier one next time!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back