King Kong 1933

I'll have some updates in the near future, as I'm still plugging away at the fur application. On the other hand, I think I've figured out how to display the final model, and here's a peek at what I'm planning:

20190807_2119552.jpg

Thanks for looking!

20190806_172910.jpg

Here's where I am with the build. I still have to secure the eyes and teeth in the head, so I'll probably do that next since I need to start putting fur on the head. His hands will be off for a while until I start making the display base and know how I'm going to pose him. Also, the fur on the arms has yet to be trimmed, so it may look a little weird right now.

DSCN1937.JPG

DSCN1932.JPG

Thanks for looking!

I added fur to the head and found that the skin and fur don't match well in terms of their shades. Either the fur needs to be lighter or the skin needs to be darker.

DSCN1938.jpg

Seeing as how the second option is far simpler, I made this little comparison photo, where I went into photoshop and darkened the skin. The top left is the original, and the top right is a black and white copy of that, and then the bottom left is what my model would look like with darker skin, etc.

heads.jpg

This is a belated post, and I apologize for the poor image quality, but it's an update nonetheless! A while back I went ahead and painted the skin darker to better match the fur.

DSCN1939.jpg

And here's the same image in black and white -- I think it looks pretty good!

DSCN1939 b&w.jpg

I haven't done anything with the build since because I've been busy. But there's a model show in November I'd like to attend, so maybe I can plug away at the model to have it finished by then.

This is a belated post, and I apologize for the poor image quality, but it's an update nonetheless! A while back I went ahead and painted the skin darker to better match the fur.

View attachment 1060751

And here's the same image in black and white -- I think it looks pretty good!

View attachment 1060750

I haven't done anything with the build since because I've been busy. But there's a model show in November I'd like to attend, so maybe I can plug away at the model to have it finished by then.
It looks amazing I just found this thread : )

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back