Killian jones/hook OUAT cosplay help

seatreader

Hey guys! I'm looking at trying to do a hook cosplay from once upon a time, but am not having any luck finding much. Has anyone found a decent jacket, shirt, or pants for this? Already found a decent vest, but the rest is ridiculously elusive and I don't have a sewing machine that I could use for it. Any help would be fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zeppo, confirmed on a previous hook thread that the pants were made originally by Danier and are no longer available, they were leather on the outside with denim on the inner crotch area, for my variant I used waxed designer jeans but I did see some two tone asian knock off variants on ebay, For the shirt I looked for a black pirate shirt with enough wrist fray to cover my hook hand and had a similar collar. I stripped the lace closures and applied them to one side, picked up dome buttons from amazon, re-did the collar with interfacing to pop the collar and give it more support, then fray the top edge with a dremel. For Hooks coat, at one time southbeach leather did a so-so version but they have since pulled it, I know of no other places besides mediocre cosplay stores and they do it in pu leather

for the shoes, copied from my thread
The base shoe of his boots are either these:
Fluevog Shoes - Item detail: Garric
Or these:
Fluevog Shoes - Item detail: Cooper

My guess is that they're the second pair - as they don't have the stitching on the top. OUAT does love their Fluevogs.

The uppers are a pair of equestrian half chaps, though they look to have been modified - ie: the top fold over flap.

For the pants I was thinking of seeing leather onto some black jeans. The shirt I'll have to search for, but would love any leads you can find for anything! Maybe Google hates me but I've searched for days and not found much

zeppo, confirmed on a previous hook thread that the pants were made originally by Danier and are no longer available, they were leather on the outside with denim on the inner crotch area, for my variant I used waxed designer jeans but I did see some two tone asian knock off variants on ebay, For the shirt I looked for a black pirate shirt with enough wrist fray to cover my hook hand and had a similar collar. I stripped the lace closures and applied them to one side, picked up dome buttons from amazon, re-did the collar with interfacing to pop the collar and give it more support, then fray the top edge with a dremel. For Hooks coat, at one time southbeach leather did a so-so version but they have since pulled it, I know of no other places besides mediocre cosplay stores and they do it in pu leather

for the shoes, copied from my thread

Thank you thank you! I was thinking I would have to make some greaves, but the half chaps turned marvelous results!!

Well I would LOVE the leather black variant, but I don't have a sewing machine that could work it properly, so I was thinking of going the Pre-Neela style. Found this vest that, while not SA is absolutely beautiful. Found it on ebay with a couple other decent ones here Absolutely love the material and the look of it and thought it would look splendid with the whole thing together. It's just a matter of making the belts, attachments, and the like.

Well I would LOVE the leather black variant, but I don't have a sewing machine that could work it properly, so I was thinking of going the Pre-Neela style. Found this vest that, while not SA is absolutely beautiful. Found it on ebay with a couple other decent ones here Absolutely love the material and the look of it and thought it would look splendid with the whole thing together. It's just a matter of making the belts, attachments, and the like.

Thats exactly the first vest I eyed when I first undertook the project but I decided to give leather work a shot. I hand sewed my black leather vest, I did botch the bottom end of my vest but I might re-do a v2 in spring

Thats exactly the first vest I eyed when I first undertook the project but I decided to give leather work a shot. I hand sewed my black leather vest, I did botch the bottom end of my vest but I might re-do a v2 in spring

Well if you think about doing a commission for the vest, let me know! I'd love to get my hands on one.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back