Killerbody Captain America insight

Does anyone know any place where I can still get one of these suits?
I DMed Killerbody about these a few months ago, they are no longer being made so your best bet is probably ebay or secondhand. If you're looking for one to be worn I'd look at White Sheep Leather, Leather Fashion Valley, or see if RG Studios will do one. DIY weathering, and a few upgrades and you can look pretty comparable.

However, buyer beware, there was a listing on ebay that looked legit from which two people I know attempted to purchase. For both they didn't ship for weeks and one they eventually said "oh sorry, turns out we don't have that. We can send you a Toys Asia AOU suit or do a refund", the other never heard back and did get their money back via an ebay return.

I DMed Killerbody about these a few months ago, they are no longer being made so your best bet is probably ebay or secondhand. If you're looking for one to be worn I'd look at White Sheep Leather, Leather Fashion Valley, or see if RG Studios will do one. DIY weathering, and a few upgrades and you can look pretty comparable.

However, buyer beware, there was a listing on ebay that looked legit from which two people I know attempted to purchase. For both they didn't ship for weeks and one they eventually said "oh sorry, turns out we don't have that. We can send you a Toys Asia AOU suit or do a refund", the other never heard back and did get their money back via an ebay return.
Yea, ive contacted killerbody myself; even offering to pay more for a one off suit. They pretty much told me to screw off.
I also contacted RG studios. They aren't offering suits at this time either. Plus their suit is essentially just the White Sheep suit but with better material.

I already own a White Sheep Leather suit, and the more I own it the less I like it. The inaccuracies become more and more obvious to me. While most of the details are there, they are all 2-D and sewn right into the costume; if that makes sense. The biggest inaccuracies are the lack of shoulder bells, the padded areas on the arms are completely flat and not raised and padded separate panels like on the screen suit, and there is not rubber "starburst" recessed in the chest.

While I know a couple of these problems can be solved through rubber accessories you can by separately, when they are not sewn into the suit and rather just super glued ontop of it, they only look so good.

This is by far the closest suit to the screen used one.

Yea, ive contacted killerbody myself; even offering to pay more for a one off suit. They pretty much told me to screw off.
I also contacted RG studios. They aren't offering suits at this time either. Plus their suit is essentially just the White Sheep suit but with better material.

I already own a White Sheep Leather suit, and the more I own it the less I like it. The inaccuracies become more and more obvious to me. While most of the details are there, they are all 2-D and sewn right into the costume; if that makes sense. The biggest inaccuracies are the lack of shoulder bells, the padded areas on the arms are completely flat and not raised and padded separate panels like on the screen suit, and there is not rubber "starburst" recessed in the chest.

While I know a couple of these problems can be solved through rubber accessories you can by separately, when they are not sewn into the suit and rather just super glued ontop of it, they only look so good.

This is by far the closest suit to the screen used one.

Any chance KB would sell their pattern? Replicating it with the textured stretch like what RG uses would be pretty awesome and way more comfortable.

IDK about "better" but White Sheep Leather and Leather Fashion Valley are both making really solid made-to-measurement suits. Commission a set of real leather belt/harness/gaiters (or DIY if you're skilled with leather), foam or urethane shoulder bells, 3D print/cast the star burst and ab tab greeblies, weather it up and you've got a really good-looking suit. If it fits better than the Killerbody suit would you're probably better off that route anyway. I was fortunate that it fit me really well, especially the torso. I wouldn't necessarily consider myself "very small" though, 6'1" 175lbs, 42" chest, 32" waist.

With the proceeds from selling my KB suit I've replaced it with a WSL Endgame suit and a LFV stealth. Still waiting on the belt and harness for both but overall cannot complain about the choice to sell one bit. For my purposes (usually long 12+ hour days at conventions) I consider the comfort and mobility the textured stretch material available from either WSL and LFV a nice upgrade over the cordura-like material that comprises the majority of the KB suit. It can be stiff and doesn't breath at all. The OEM snaps to keep everything in place are a nice feature as well; nothing someone couldn't add to a KB suit but it's nice to not have to.

I've replaced it with a WSL Endgame suit and a LFV stealth. Still waiting on the belt and harness for both but overall cannot complain about the choice to sell one bit. For my purposes (usually long 12+ hour days at conventions) I consider the comfort and mobility the textured stretch material available from either WSL and LFV a nice upgrade over the cordura-like material that comprises the majority of the KB suit. It can be stiff and doesn't breath at all. The OEM snaps to keep everything in place are a nice feature as well; nothing someone couldn't add to a KB suit but it's nice to not have to.

I'm in the market for a stealth suit and these 2 websites are where I'm looking, however I'm so confused as to what I'll end up getting. The photos seem to be the same from other sources and the English is so bad, I can't tell if what they're saying is in the descriptions is accurate. Can you explain the difference in any of these suits?

I'm in the market for a stealth suit and these 2 websites are where I'm looking, however I'm so confused as to what I'll end up getting. The photos seem to be the same from other sources and the English is so bad, I can't tell if what they're saying is in the descriptions is accurate. Can you explain the difference in any of these suits?
Overall both companies are really similar but there are some nuances between the two. The LFV premium stealth suit is pretty equivalent to the WSL textured stretch stealth suit. Both have the same three-piece design, pants that zip to the undershirt, snaps to keep all panels in place, etc. Aside from a few very minor details (embellishments on the outer torso) the biggest differences are price and that the LFV has urethane stripes, logos, and star while the WSL stripes and patches are fabric and the stock star is metal. There are people out there who make upgrade kits for about the same as the price premium you pay with LFV, but you’d have to install yourself.

I’ve ordered one suit from each as I wanted to see the differences and the biggest for me was the fit, even though I provided the same set of measurements in each order placed within a few weeks of one another. The WSL has far more extra room than the LFV suit, but ymmv based on talking with others who have ordered from either. Feel free to shoot me a DM if you have other questions.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back