Kevin Flynn Legacy Costume

worldmayor

After reviewing this site and others and not finding any Kevin Flynn Tron Legacy costumes, I decided to create my own. This is my first post to this site so I hope some of you like the costume. If anyone is interested, I can post more on how I made each piece. From a high level I used EL Tape for the lighting in the clothes. I used velcro to mount them so they are easily removed for drycleaning the coat. I used LEDs for the lighting in the disc. The disc was modified using Soulinertia's kit. Thanks guys, that was very easy to modify and fast. I made the disk holder from molds and resin with rare earth magnets imbedded. The boots are using EL Tape. If you want to see and hear more, let me know.

Excellent work!

Write-ups are always appreciated. :) I am especially curious on what you used as the base robe and how you wired up your shoes and mounted the EL to them. Also what your power source is (type of inverter, voltage, and batteries), please.

Thanks. I had a taylor make it for me. I will post a video on the boots that showed how i made them. I got the most responses on them. They looked great. I had a lot of folks say they would wear those out all the time.

Yes, very awesome Kevin Flynn =]
Would also love to see some WIP pics,
or some write up on type of el you used,
inverters, how your wired all the segments, etc...
Excellent work!

Yes, looks great. Would ALSO like to know how you powered this.

Excellent work!

Write-ups are always appreciated. :) I am especially curious on what you used as the base robe and how you wired up your shoes and mounted the EL to them. Also what your power source is (type of inverter, voltage, and batteries), please.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back