Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

You've shown nothing of the sort, except tweets and or videos of people who have no involvement with Lucas film and or disney.

Not tweets, headlines from actual articles published on the internet. Get it straight. I`d post the articles but you probably wouldnt even read them and just comment anyway and yeah, I have.

I, for one, have McDonald's all the damn time. I'll never claim it's the best but it's consistent and delivers what I need.
That aside, let's not suggest TLJ has huge home sales because people hate-bought it or some such nonsense.

I buy crap I hate for the help of it all the time, dont you?

What happened to Solo?

Bad marketing
Franchise fatigue
Climate Change
Canadian Geese migration patterns
A poorer than expected cacao bean harvest
China doesnt get Star Wars

Last edited:

McDonald's is the best selling hamburger in the USA.
Does that make it the BEST hamburger in the USA?
Did I mention anything about TLJ being good or not? I did not. The idea presented by others was that a majority of people didn’t like the movie.

All I said was that the sales would seem to indicate a bunch of people liked it well enough to pay money to own it.

edit: now I see that *someone* really IS making the argument that people who hated TLJ actually BOUGHT IT ANYWAYS :lol

I find this quite hard to believe. Maybe someone here on the forum did this? Anyone care to explain their behavior, if so? :lol

Last edited:

People who have been collecting every Star Wars movie since the VHS days would have purchased TLJ even if they hated it, the real question would have to be how many have actually taken it out of the wrapping? It seems *some* people are as selective about how people value their collections. as they are about what ignore means.

Just pointing out that it is a factor in the home sales numbers, that you and *someone* else have taken that to the next level by equating it to huge numbers is not my problem. And just to point out, not to you but posting laughing emotes after every post does not actually make them funny.

I would contend that it is a negligible factor given those numbers.
I get that you hated the movie. But clearly huge, HUGE swaths of people liked it an awful lot.

Well its a well acknowledged principle that`s there`s no accounting for personal taste. Huge swaths of people watch Keeping up with the Kardashians religiously too. I cant explain that either.

Certainly. But the fact that I find the Kardashian clan distasteful in the extreme doesn't mean that I would call their... brand? business? anything less than a runaway success. I don't have to like it or agree with the fact that other people do to recognize that it's a gigantic money maker and not going away any time soon.

Well it seems the only thing keeping TLJ from going away from here at least are the people who hate it, must have left some kind of impression on them. But I guess your signature might explain a great many things.

Comparing TFA with TLJ DVD sales.
TFA DVD sales : 7,434,520
TLJ DVD sales: 3,854,601

That seems to fall in line with the steep drop off in TLJ box office after word of mouth got around and the bait of TFA was unrealised and that the multiple viewings appeal of Star Wars movies dried up.

Comparing TFA with TLJ DVD sales.
TFA DVD sales : 7,434,520
TLJ DVD sales: 3,854,601

You'll note of course that figure is TFA's sales from all of 2016 whereas TLJ still has the rest of 2018 to catch up. I don't think it will, but that number isn't done yet either.

I`m sure they are still flying off the shelves. At the end of the day, Infinity War will probably sell more than both of them.

Your numbers must be first day sales.
8772b45f7267f4af366636c757100fbe.jpg

How can they be first day sales when your article says 2.3 million in the first week? From what I`m seeing, sales must have peeked in the first week and dropped off a cliff after that, just like the box office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back