Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

For some fun in this dead-horse thread...

im not a Finn fan, but Boyega is a all around cool guy I’ve followed on social media since TFA...

View attachment 844202

Always love seeing stuff like this. Don’t know if it’s old or not, just came up in a feed.

I think he’s the best actor out of all of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he’s the best actor out of all of them

After TLJ I'm a Adam Driver fan. His delivery of "Blow, that piece of junk out of the sky!!!" Was soooooo good. But John is definitely up there, he's the only reason I'd like to see PR2

Luke never left a map. Hop on Wookieepedia and do some reading.

I'm assuming you are referring to the scene where she lifts a couple hundred rocks. Let me ask you this. Could Rey lift one rock? If you answer yes, then why can't she lift a couple hundred rocks? What's the difference between lifting one rock and and hundreds of rocks?

Let me ask you this, can you eat one pizza? Yes? Then why cant you eat a hundred pizza's in one sitting?

Why cant anybody just walk into a gym and dead-lift 700 pounds on their first day? Well because normal people have to learn skills over time and work hard to accomplish what they want ;)

I know. That's why apologized several times for even posting here. This whole debate over TLJ is ridiculous. Those if us that love it won't budge and neither will those of us that loathe it.

Like parallel lines we shall never meet on the subject.

The issue is that people are drawing the line between talent and training in different places. To use a real world analogy, people are born with perfect pitch but they can't sing the Star Spangled Banner without reading the music and practicing for a while. Star Wars fans can't agree on which force skills are analogous to perfect pitch and which require sheet music.

Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Let me ask you this, can you eat one pizza? Yes? Then why cant you eat a hundred pizza's in one sitting?

Why cant anybody just walk into a gym and dead-lift 700 pounds on their first day? Well because normal people have to learn skills over time and work hard to accomplish what they want ;)

I’m in no way defending TLJ because I can’t stand that movie, but in ESB Yoda made out that the size of the xwing didn’t matter at all because using the force was using the force. I would take that to mean lifting 1 rock or 100 rocks to take the same effort and/skill with one no more difficult than the other.

After a day or two, the fact that she lifted anything is the ridiculous part.

Your referring to the physical, material world, or "crude matter" as Yoda would say which has limitations. But the Force isn't material, it's spiritual, infinite, "luminous".

When Yoda instructed Luke to lift his x-wing, he complained. "Master lifting stones is one thing, this is totally different." To which master Yoda replied, "No! No different! Only different in your mind." He goes on to say later after Luke failed, that "size matters not"

So if there's no difference between lifting a 8 pound stone and say a 18,000 pound x-wing. Then what is the difference between Rey lifting one stone or a couple hundred stones? To the Force there is no difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh for ******'s sake, can we PLEASE not go down this road AGAIN?

Sorry but I can't help myself :D

I’m in no way defending TLJ because I can’t stand that movie, but in ESB Yoda made out that the size of the xwing didn’t matter at all because using the force was using the force. I would take that to mean lifting 1 rock or 100 rocks to take the same effort and/skill with one no more difficult than the other.

I always like pointing out, in the Clone Wars episode 'Children of the Force'. We see Rodian toddler who is levitating a ball, who taught him what the Force was or how to use it? Nobody, he's had zip for training. He just did it.

Yeah but at the point where Luke goes to Yoda for training he had already been aware of the Force and had been training himself to use and understand it for those few years between ANH and Empire. Add to that the training he received from Yoda and you at least have a basis for his skills.

Luke had a crude but defined understanding of using the Force, Rey had none what so ever.

I always like pointing out, in the Clone Wars episode 'Children of the Force'. We see Rodian toddler who is levitating a ball, who taught him what the Force was or how to use it? Nobody, he's had zip for training. He just did it.

Lets just put that in the "George had a brain fart" category of Star Wars history shall we :lol

Even though i love Rebels, i just don't think kiddie shows should be considered canon.

Last edited:

Yeah but at the point where Luke goes to Yoda for training he had already been aware of the Force and had been training himself to use and understand it for those few years between ANH and Empire. Add to that the training he received from Yoda and you at least have a basis for his skills.

Luke had a crude but defined understanding of using the Force, Rey had none what so ever.

Lets just put that in the "George had a brain fart" category of Star Wars history shall we :lol

Even though i love Rebels, i just don't think kiddie shows should be considered canon.

I totally agree with you. Once the skill is earned (not just granted out of thin air) using the force to lift one thing vs many should be the same

Children can and do learn things faster than a 20 year old. There's substantially less thought process involved and counter thinking about how you should just do it. It's easier on them for certain things to just see and it and go. Once the child figured out he could manipulate the ball, it would be easier for them to progress with it than an adult who would definitely be thinking and comparing to such things as the pizza's above, or that one rock weighs 6 ounce and these 20 boulders was 10,000 pounds. If the size is irrelevant a young child is much more likely to grasp that aspect than an adult who will, guaranteed, over think it.

As for the rocks...i don't recall luke saying lift the rock/stone/pebble whatever. It was reach out and feel/sense things. Luke was taught the same (largely) at the same basic age and later could barely pull his saber to him in the cave on hoth. Meanwhile, hours (48 max) from learning she can use the force, Rey seems to completely grasp the entire concept to the extreme.

Is it possible? Sure. Is it remotely likely? No. I don't mean that to sound as bad as it does, but the issue is there. Utterly clueless about the force to pretty damn good in hours. Ready to face Snoke and try and turn Ben - in hours? Doesn't really add up. Hell, even if you spaced out the beginning of TFA to end of TLJ to a month, it doesn't really add up to plausible. It was 2ish years IIRC between ANH and ESB.

What about using the force to hit a small thermal exhaust port when the only training you've had is against a training remote on the falcon?

I distinctly remember someone of the non corporeal persuasion saying "Use the Force Luke" in that scene, not unreasonable to think Obi-Wan guided Luke's hand just a little.

Having a Jedi Master whispering sweet nothings into your ear is probably going to increase your odds :lol

I distinctly remember someone of the non corporeal persuasion saying "Use the Force Luke" in that scene, not unreasonable to think Obi-Wan guided Luke's hand just a little.

Having a Jedi Master whispering sweet nothings into your ear is probably going to increase your odds [emoji38]
Dont tell him the odds.

See that's just the thing. Within the context of the films, the first time Luke uses telekinesis is in the Wampa cave. It's never said or hinted that he figured that out ahead of time.

Lucasfilm considers those shows canon, all except the Lego Freemaker adventures.

Going back to ESB when Luke fails to lift his x-wing. Does Yoda say that's because he didn't have training or experience? Rather, when Yoda lifts the ship out, and Luke says he doesn't believe it. Yoda says, "that is why you fail". Luke fails to truly believe in the Force. He fails to truly "let go your conscious self", to feel the Force flowing through him.
And I would argue, that the problem is, Luke is the one trying to lift the ship, rather then letting the Force lift the ship.

...when Yoda lifts the ship out, and Luke says he doesn't believe it. Yoda says, "that is why you fail". Luke fails to truly believe in the Force.

WRONG. Luke fails to believe in himself.

This is why I hate the prequels - all the great themes and subtext of the original movies have become lost to later generations, buried under so much bull****.
They'll never be able to view those movies the way we did as kids. Now it's all meaningless pseudo babble, like a bad Star Trek movie.
Now the force has a "will" and "does stuff"... :facepalm

See that's just the thing. Within the context of the films, the first time Luke uses telekinesis is in the Wampa cave. It's never said or hinted that he figured that out ahead of time.

Lucasfilm considers those shows canon, all except the Lego Freemaker adventures.

What Lucasfilm considers canon changes about as much as i change my underwear.

Granted thats once every few years, but still :lol

Axlotl it completely correct that the prequels tried to rewrite Star Wars lore and the way the Force works. That's why i personally don't consider anything except the original trilogy canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back