Kanan Jarrus lightsaber from Rebels by Force Relics

Jevaho

Hi everyone,

We are currently working on a batch of these sabers, and just finished our first fully wired Proof of Concept. I noticed we haven't posted pictures of it yet on these boards.
So here goes:

Specifications :
- Kanan custom saber hilt
- Petit Crouton 3.5 pcb by Plecterlabs
- Tri-Rebel BBW main led
- fully functional switch box with 4 accent led's
- in-hilt rechargeable battery pack : 14500 Li-ion 7,4V 800mAh
- Hidden aux switch
- Micro-SD access through the pommel
- Custom 3D designed chassis parts for electronics
- Custom machined alu inlay blade plug
- Graflex accents
- Full powdercoated hilt

Soundfonts :
- Bank 1 : Kanan by Link
- Bank 2 : Light Meat by Eastern57
- Bank 3 : Grey Meat by Sekrogue
- Bank 4 : Dark Meat by Eastern57
- Bank 5 and 6 : not used

VIDEO:

Pictures:

Kanan%u00252B01%u00252Bkopie.jpg

Kanan%u00252B04.jpg

Kanan%u00252B02.jpg

Kanan%u00252B05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, we are currently working on a run of 18 sabers. A lot of work, but very rewarding. I loved the saber design the moment I saw it.

The blade holder is threaded so you can screw it apart. But then the main LED module would be loose. We are working on a way to secure the module so this saber can be fieldstripped like the one in the series.
So short answer: yes, but you won't see it in the vid yet.

Is there anyway to get one without any electronics at all?

I asked the same question when the run was launched on FX Forums, they said there were no options for empties. I have nothing against 'working' Sabers at all, but I really think many manufacturers are missing the boat when it comes to the market, I firmly believe there is a equal market for both working and empty Sabers. Of course, that is just my 2 cents ;)

Dave

Regarding the run, you can find some extra info here: http://www.forcerelics.com/run.html

The most basic option for this run is a stunt (light, no sound) Why would you want an empty? To install your own electronics, or just because you prefer to collect static props?

I won't answer for anyone else but for me, I've been a Saber collector since before any real "FX" Sabers were available, so my collection is mostly static hilts. I'm sure I will want some working pieces in the future but, to be honest, working hilts don't thrill me like they do some other people. I also wouldn't want a real nice hilt as a working hilt, if I have something with light and sound I'm going to want to use it and I know my butterfingers will drop and damage the thing. To each their own and I respect those opinions.

That is one of the reasons I don't offer weathering on my Belts or Parts at all, everyone has a different taste when it comes to weathering, so it is hard to judge what they will like.

Dave

Having a Saber with lights and sound are nice don't get me wrong. Kanan's lightsaber is a design that I truly and I can't see myself ever using the electronics. The Saber you designed I believe is on par with any of the Saber hits made by efx and master replicas and would look just as nice on my shelp as those do.

Thank you guys for these replies. We"ve been focusing on the FX market and had no idea there are collectors out there who would want a static version of our sabers. We will keep this option open for future runs!

i just started watching the rebels series, and i loved the idea of kanan wearing the saber in 2 pieces on his belt to hide his jedi ways. what a phenomenal job you have done replicating his saber! you dont happen to have video of his saber in 2 pieces do you?

excellent excellent job!

i just started watching the rebels series, and i loved the idea of kanan wearing the saber in 2 pieces on his belt to hide his jedi ways. what a phenomenal job you have done replicating his saber! you dont happen to have video of his saber in 2 pieces do you?

excellent excellent job!

Thanks for the kind words! We don't have a vid of the saber in 2 pieces yet. We are completing our run and will try to make some more footage soon.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back