Force Relics : Green Knight lightsaber

Ki Djowac

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi y'all,

as a big SWTOR MMORPG fan i decided to do a SWTOR based hilt with intensive use of 3D printed designs in and out about half a year ago. I was able to finish it recently and so this one post will contain everything from a to z ;)

The name came from Green Knight npc's in-game who wear this kind of lightsaber during a certain mission (can't remember it, too long ago but i think it was in the 30-40's levels somewhere). This lightsaber may be worn by others too as i've noticed that the same design sometimes comes back on different chars.

The base itself is MHS and the rest is 3D design which was printed in various materials to match the in-game hilt. All the internals are custom as well as a custom milled pommel design which turned out great in the end. Jevaho did the textured matt black powdercoating and sleeve treatment to get it to come alive a bit more then just plain white. Install and 3D design was done by me.

Also a big shoutout to Erv for the math side of things for the install. Erv : thanks alot !! :thumbsup

On to some pics :
In-game :

MHS exercise :

3D design :

Custom vented pommel (the prototype was milled locally, but Tim can also provide the same milling job) :

3D printed prototype parts came in :

As a matter of trying new stuff i re-designed the render from the beginning to have it up to specs as much as possible for 3D printing. Then scaled it to 1/6th scale and ordered a antique glossy bronze metal print. The idea is a keychain. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the details in the 1/1 scale version were all present in the 1/6th scale version. Have a look yourself :

On to the final build :
Parts overview :

Battery setup (this is actually the modified battery pack from my Alliance saber) :

General wiring and test :

Switches :

Cram-fu chassis :

Grip parts :

Final result :

And the video :
Green Knight - YouTube

Specs of this saber :
- MHS based
- Plecterlabs Petit Crouton 2.0 pcb
- Plecterlabs PEX for FOC (Flash On Clash)
- JQ-sabers thin walled 1 inch blade
- JQ-sabers 2W speaker
- Micro-SD access
- Tri-rebel GGW main LED from TCSS
- 7,4V 900mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery pack
- Force Relics 3D printed and designed external parts
- Force Relics groovy aluminium kill key
- Force Relics custom cone
- Force Relics custom switch ring
- Force Relics custom pcb/battery chassis
- Force Relics powdercoating
- Force Relics sleeve weathering
- Custom pommel ventilation

So, what do y'all think ? :)

If we get enough interest, we're planning to do a run. At the moment we're still looking into some of the details, but it's in the works. ;)

Hi there,

As a merely old trilogy lightsaber enhousiast I must admit that this is quite a nice and unique project!

And I love the 1/6 scale experiment done in antique bronze ... perhaps (hint - hint) an Obi-Wan ANH could be made in a similar fashion? :D

-Chaim

Looking pretty cool!!!!!

I really like that design. Haven't played the game but it looks pretty great. You translated it from the game into "Real life" pretty nicely.

Chris

Although i found the game boring once i hit 50 and havent played it since.

The weapons some of the trooper costumes looked great.

this saber looks awesome from start to finish...What would be really cool to recreate is the Ancient light saber you have to find on the quest and put together aka the first light saber you get in game as a padawan.

Thx for all the positive compliments everyone, means alot :)

@ Chaim : sure, i think so. But not for now as i have a longer and longer list of things to do. Best thing to tackle such a model is to have a 1/1 scale version of what's used in the movie off course like the Efx replica for example ;)

@ Gphalen : a couple of versions/interpretations out there :
I did an install for a saberforge variant :
http://www.therpf.com/f9/gladius-saberforge-hilt-pc-v1-6-install-154828/
Then there's the Nocturne Armory model which has more screen accuracy :
Home
Then my buddy Jevaho did a similar Gladius model but designed a more screen accurate switch box and pommel :
Gladius: screen accurate redux by Jevaho

Unfortunately the Gladius models are not all the same so our switch box won't fit every Gladius without some serious 3D remoddeling :)

There's no rush I don't have my all real parts together yet ... still need 2 : the vintage grenade and emitter. And you do know that those WWI grenades can be found in Belgium since that's where they were used ... sadly enough. To be continued . . .

-Chaim

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back