Kanan Jarrus Costume

Starwoid

Sr Member
In addition to the Ezra Bridger costume I am working on for my 2 year old, I am whipping up a Kanan Jarrus costume for my 4 year old. Here is the first wave of photos from the near complete shirt.

I had to cut two shirts apart to make this work. As stated in my previous thread, I have no sewing skills so I have used heat bond to create the hems and fuse the two shirts together. It is turning out very nicely. Hope you enjoy.

A little reference shot to compare.

kanan jarrus.jpg

IMG_3500.JPG

Here is a detail of the right arm, it is an underarmor type shirt as stated in the costuming guide over at Rebel Legion. The hem is not finished on the arm as I have to completely take the right side of the shirt in.

IMG_3501.JPG

IMG_3502.JPG

IMG_3503.JPG

IMG_3504.JPG

IMG_3505.JPG

That's a great start :) ... By making those hems with 'heat bond' ... do you mean a hot glue gun?

Chaim

Heat Bond is a tape that acts as an adhesive when heat is applied to it (usually by way of a hot iron). Sometimes referred to as "hem tape".

Unfortunately a scratch-built saber is out of the question at this point. But I might throw together a Kanan-ish blaster.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Here's the big trying it on.

I had considered the Kanan for myself, when the boys first saw Rebels and my 4 year old wanted to be Zeb and then he fell in love with Kanan so I bought an Obi Wan costume and am making Kanan for the oldest, Ezra for my middle son and a simple Leia for our six month old. I have to make a faux leather vest for my wife's Naboo pilot costume too! I am going to be busy.

Did two more hours of heat binding tonight! I need to learn to work a sewing machine! But not until after CVII.

The shirt is done other than the striping and some touch up glue around the edges.

I have also added a photo of the gloves I cut for him. The pants are just a plain pair of grey slacks. Nothing special there.

Tomorrow ow I will move on to the belt and holster and the armor. I should be able to wrap this one up by week end.

Thoughts?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

PS- that shirt is comprised of three separate shirts. The base, or olive, is a plain tee. The dark green is a thermal and the black is an under armor. I did it this way to help with the heat three shirts or even the toastiness the dark green layer sewn to the top of the olive would cause.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back