Kaiju Big Battel Build [Update 3] + Questions

LastRaven

Hi all,

In an effort to get a few birds killed with several stones, I'm making a few costumes for Halloween / Cons at the same time to just move things along a bit as I like keeping several pots on the fire at once. Anyways, so my current build is creating a costume of one of the fighters from the wrestling entertainment world of Kaiju Big Battel. Look it up on youtube. It's awesome. (even better, here's a link: E:60: Kaiju Big Battel - YouTube)

One of the characters that attracted me was this guy here:

8t6tK.jpg

2nd Reference
GWBgM.jpg

Now the mask isn't too difficult to get per se (will post more on that in the future, but I want to plug Rand from Kaiju for doing it for me and he is making them for Halloween if you want to check Kaiju out on Facebook), but the accessories and the other stuff are killing me. I'm working on getting more references from a DVD of the show, but it's slow going until it gets here.

The pants are fairly simple to get (but expensive...), but the boots are old Axo BMX boots. If anyone knows where to find some old / discounted all black Axo boots and same for black padded pants, let me know. Also, the gloves look to be varying (blue vs. red color and brown vs black palm) so I think any pair of red BMX gloves may work. Anyways... Onto the actual building.

First up is the jacket.

As you can see, I think it's a custom jacket with a red shield on the front. Not sure of the material, but if anyone has ideas on how to get one made /make one / anything potentially, it'd be really helpful.

Next are the silver "speakers". I've made a design in AutoCAD for them and it's super simple to design print out. I went with the head of being about 10" in height so these will be about 4.5" in diameter or roughly 60mm (57.7mm really... fine, but this is approximate) in radius from the bio photos.

DlQHsl.jpg

Once I get the better reference, I can print out shoulder pads too and paint them. I believe they're vacuformed plastic, but hey work with what you got eh?

As I wait / print the first parts, let me know of anything else I should think of.... It's one of my first builds and hopefully it'll be a great costume!

Last edited:
Re: Kaiju Big Battel Build

Here's a rough mockup of the shoulder pads in Inventor. I think they're the right dimensions, but hopefully it'll come out ok when I print it on the Makerbot Replicator.

5dIdyl.png

Currently I'm printing out the smaller "pushers" as I'm calling them (sortof look like air hockey pushers) in silver (not right color, but will repaint) and we'll see how the scale looks.

Re: Kaiju Big Battel Build

Quick update, so here it goes:

1) Placed an order for some BMX "crash pads" which are similar in style to the pants worn by Sentai. Not exactly the same thing, but they're pretty close and with changing styles of pads, I think it's a fairly good match:

Crash Pads 1200 Bicycle Padded Pants

Y1wWil.jpg

2) I don't know if I'll have the time to make my own vacuform table (not feeling so well recently...), but I did redesign the shoulder pads based on some helpful input and some new photos I got from the DVD version of Terebi Sento.

iwYc6l.jpg

Ended up widening up the part, changing the curvature slightly, and changing the number of "bumps" on the shoulder pieces. This should help with the overall look since the last one was a bit too small.

3) I've scaled down the shoulder decorations to a more accurate size I believe and since the printer was having indigestion from the large size previously, this should help significantly since I need to print out 4 of them.

4) If anyone knows how to paint / color the rubber & plastic on a BMX / MotoX boot, give me a shout. Not sure if lacquer or acrylic would work better, but I have gloss in both and will probably end up air brushing it. Still looking for boots, but just have to be patient I guess on eBay / craigslist.

Over and out.

Ok, so I ran out of (practical) waiting time for stuff to show up on the 'Bay or craigslist. I ended up ordering a cheap set of boots (Motocross stuff is expensive...) and gloves from Chapparal Racing

Ocelot SX3 Boot - Chaparral Motorsports

Just hope it comes in on time....

One thing I didn't notice was that the pants have some holes in them due to a mesh on the inner leg (!!). So... I'll have to figure out how to cover up the mesh from the inside so I'm not exposed on Halloween. I think I can sew some stuff together to get it in there or worst case just tape some felt to my legs. We'll have to see!

No pics yet, but I just finished printing out all of the parts (Vacuum probably would have been faster... but I'm a little strapped for time since I'm traveling in the next week :/ ). Sanding and then painting is coming up. Pic updates as soon as I can get them.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back