Just how good is the RPF - Part II - The Chair

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Art Andrews, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

Alright, you guys identified the last piece I needed in only a few minutes. Here is another.

I absolutely fell in love with this polished aluminum chair when I first saw it in Veronica's office in Better Off Ted. Since then, I have seen it in Dr Evil's Lair in Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me and in the Police station in Demolition Man. I have tried to find it but have turned up nothing. Help me RPF! I want this chair!

View attachment 89476

View attachment 89477

View attachment 89478

View attachment 89479

View attachment 89480

View attachment 89481

View attachment 89482

View attachment 89483

View attachment 89484

View attachment 89485

2. Fishbowl

Fishbowl Well-Known Member

Is it possible that the back isn't the end result but rather is part of the frame and they've stripped off the padding?

3. Nwerke

Nwerke Master Member

At a guess, it looks too heavily built and showy for that. Nice chair. Can't find it, needless to say.

4. Art Andrews

I think that is very unlikely since it is polished and the back seems to be the strong design element (the arms and seat are pretty weak in comparison).

5. Cenobyte

Cenobyte Sr Member

Is it possible that they are custom and in a prop rental place making its' rounds in movies?

6. Art Andrews

Entirely possible.

7. ComedicHistory

ComedicHistory Active Member

That's a real possibility Ceno, I know I've seen that/those chair(s) in other movies.

8. Art Andrews

I keep wondering if the curve of the arm rests are any indicator of the brand. I don't know a lot about office chairs but have been trying to find a match for just the arms.

9. Spoddy

Spoddy Member

The arms and seats look like regular office chairs to me, and someone put a custom back on it. Look at the second pic, which also seems to have had some silver paint sprayed on them.

10. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Yeah, I've seen those chairs show up in a number of different TV shows and movies. Probably prop rental.

11. Lear60man

Lear60man Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER