Just how good is the RPF - Part II - The Chair

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Alright, you guys identified the last piece I needed in only a few minutes. Here is another.

I absolutely fell in love with this polished aluminum chair when I first saw it in Veronica's office in Better Off Ted. Since then, I have seen it in Dr Evil's Lair in Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me and in the Police station in Demolition Man. I have tried to find it but have turned up nothing. Help me RPF! I want this chair!

View attachment 89476

View attachment 89477

View attachment 89478

View attachment 89479

View attachment 89480

View attachment 89481

View attachment 89482

View attachment 89483

View attachment 89484

View attachment 89485

Is it possible that the back isn't the end result but rather is part of the frame and they've stripped off the padding?

At a guess, it looks too heavily built and showy for that. Nice chair. Can't find it, needless to say.

Is it possible that the back isn't the end result but rather is part of the frame and they've stripped off the padding?

I think that is very unlikely since it is polished and the back seems to be the strong design element (the arms and seat are pretty weak in comparison).

I keep wondering if the curve of the arm rests are any indicator of the brand. I don't know a lot about office chairs but have been trying to find a match for just the arms.

The arms and seats look like regular office chairs to me, and someone put a custom back on it. Look at the second pic, which also seems to have had some silver paint sprayed on them.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back