Jurassic Park Universal Style Guide for toys & merch

yaeru

Hi, guys! This is my first post.
I am a web / graphic designer and I have always been fascinated with the style of Jurassic Park and its merchandising, the colors, the fonts... to the point of making my own trading cards and exclusive designs

nc_ohc=mQpw5JOpAhsAX-j0yaH&_nc_ht=scontent.faep9-1.jpg

Some time ago I found out that before the premiere of the first movie, Universal put together a style guide that it offered along with the license, I saw some images and I loved it. Not only is it difficult to get an original, but being from Argentina, it is very expensive to import products.

23631394_2.jpg

23631394_3.jpg

So, I set out to put together a full vector version as correct as possible to the original.

The problem is that I cannot find many references, neither in google image, nor forums, nothing. Just some videos and images (that I leave below).
Has anyone the possibility to provide me some data? Whether they are measurements, more images, the text already typed, and don't even talk about whether you get scanned pages.

The work done so far (in only one day):

1637691451456.png

My references
The final idea is to distribute it freely.
Thanks!

Hi Yaeru ! Funny that we started doing the same thing around the same time :) I'm graphic designer in France and I always been a huge fan of JP branding design. Been more than a year i'm working on writing a short book or documentary about all the process behind the logo and i'm also recreating the style guide and logos used during the 1992-1993 era (as clean vector art, using only official high res-scan :) - If you ever wanna get in touch, catch me on instagram gruphiste

Capture d’écran 2022-08-24 à 15.23.17.png

Hi Yaeru ! Funny that we started doing the same thing around the same time :) I'm graphic designer in France and I always been a huge fan of JP branding design. Been more than a year i'm working on writing a short book or documentary about all the process behind the logo and i'm also recreating the style guide and logos used during the 1992-1993 era (as clean vector art, using only official high res-scan :) - If you ever wanna get in touch, catch me on instagram gruphiste

View attachment 1611119

Awesome! Nice coincidence hahaha
Sure, will write you soon, I wanna see others approach to same idea and maybe collaborate :)

This is FANTASTIC. Looking forward to seeing more. Following on Insta now.

In the past to get my own "vector graphics" I would trace the logos in 3DStudioMax from a flat plane image and render them at whatever size I needed. It was clunky, but it worked pretty well.

I've always felt the JP marketing was phenomenal and one of the worlds most memorable logos/themes. Now only if the disaster JW series marketing had followed the same branding design rules.

This is FANTASTIC. Looking forward to seeing more. Following on Insta now.

In the past to get my own "vector graphics" I would trace the logos in 3DStudioMax from a flat plane image and render them at whatever size I needed. It was clunky, but it worked pretty well.

I've always felt the JP marketing was phenomenal and one of the worlds most memorable logos/themes. Now only if the disaster JW series marketing had followed the same branding design rules.

Thanks! Vector art always was a passion of my, hope now that the year is over I can get out this project from hiatus and start working again more frequently

Hi guys, thanks for the support
If anyone is interested in seeing the progress of the project (it's super raw) you can download this PDF. JurassicPark_StyleGuide_draft content.pdf

I'm trying to get the necessary photos, the ones that are stills from the movie are no problem but there are several sketches that I didn't see anywhere else.
I also have a hard time getting Crash McCreery's drawings of the dinosaurs in good quality, does anyone know of a website for download?

Thanks!

Hi guys, happy new year!
Minor update of the project, I have been working on the paddock logos, trying to have a result as correct as possible to the original merchandising.
Logos are easily found on the web, but they are always incorrect (no offense to the fans who put all their love into it)
Here I leave some images where you can compare the progress, as always, leave al the feedback and corections you want

jpUPDATE1.jpg

jpUPDATE2.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back