Jurassic Park T-Rex / Explorer Set

Yeah Michael let’s see some more pics
So even though the legs don't move, the pose is actually really good and it stands pretty good. If I was to hit the desk pretty hard, it might fall...but lets not find out.
With flash on.
20220215_205159.jpg

20220215_205238.jpg

Flash off with screen glow as the light.
20220215_205558.jpg

The jaw can also close, and they did a good job at hiding the whole seam and hinge that cheaper toys usally would have.
And...teeth are autally pretty sharp.
When I was first setting it up, it did start to fall and I quickly grab it. Teeth hit my finger, and I did have to look and make sure it didn't break skin....it didn't.
I could see it doing that if hit them hard enough.
Not bad at all for $70, which is why I WAS concerned about it being a scam.
20220215_205832.jpg

**** collectability - I opened it...

IMG_4914.JPG
IMG_4916.JPG
IMG_4919.JPG
IMG_4920.JPG
IMG_4921.JPG
IMG_4922.JPG
IMG_4923.JPG
IMG_4924.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4909.JPG
    IMG_4909.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4910.JPG
    IMG_4910.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4911.JPG
    IMG_4911.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4912.JPG
    IMG_4912.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 89
That does look pretty good, for being cheaper and all. The back doors look odd, like they are on backwards or something. Might be because the faded paint doesn't overlap like its suppose to.
My brother got the 1993 Kenner car back then, but its not really accurate at all....although, the hood has awesome dino damage.
Its now on my shelf with other cars, but, a friend that needed a temp place has the room now...2 years later...thanks covid.

For some reason the videos won’t play for me, but the photos look great. Even with the cheap construction I would have had a hell of a time as a kid with these..

Always always wanted this.. but like others have mentioned where the hell would I put this.. I have boxes and boxes of unopened crap in closest.. in storage.. under my sink.. no not joking.. I have run out of space..

There are some quick and easy "hits" to do that can dress this up notably, without necessarily super-detailing the car.

Such as cutting out the excess material in the window frames, adding the black trim around the windows, painting the mirrors black, painting black between the wheel spokes, etcetera...

Really want to repaint the red with Testor's Dark Red, but do NOT want to deal with all that masking.

Explorer_Ford_JP-2.jpg
Ford-Explorer-Cars-in-Jurassic-Park-16.jpg
grab3.jpg
Safaricar (1).jpg

Every time this thread bumps… I have to get one of these

How do you get the other explorer?

The more I look at this, the more I DO want to re-paint the red.

The red pattern on the toy is not accurate. If the color tone was spot on, I'd be perfectly happy - its "close enough".

But with the pattern being less accurate, AND the color tone being too bright red, I may have a go at it.

At least it has the red striping! Nedry’s Jeep didn’t even get the rear stripe, and that was quite disappointing.

I agree with all of your above though. Doing those modifications will significantly help the overall look of the toy. I was thinking about this project a few days ago, and had remembered something else I was going to recommend to you, but now I can’t recall it…

At least it has the red striping! Nedry’s Jeep didn’t even get the rear stripe, and that was quite disappointing.

I agree with all of your above though. Doing those modifications will significantly help the overall look of the toy. I was thinking about this project a few days ago, and had remembered something else I was going to recommend to you, but now I can’t recall it…

May paint the tires with Testor's Rubber, and find a way to add the white tire lettering.

Needs whip antennas too.

I'm usually not too "up" on interiors for 1:18 models, as the mass-produced die-cast models typically do not highly detail interiors.

But look at these pics....

Even if I painted the entire door interior a monochrome sand-beige, it would be a vast improvement.

Doors 001.jpg
Doors 002.JPG

You should totally repaint.
For the red stripes, masking that is a bit more tricky then a typical straight line.

As for the T-rex I got. Decided to take the little colorless guy out, and also found there were these sealed cards. Kinda cool. (Same plastic wrap, just back to back)
20220218_214850.jpg

20220218_214751.jpg

20220218_214712.jpg

May paint the tires with Testor's Rubber, and find a way to add the white tire lettering.

Needs whip antennas too.
The wind shield wiper blades need painted black as well, that’s what I was going to tell you.

And yes, the interiors are screaming to be painted. It will look less like a toy with just that!

The wind shield wiper blades need painted black as well, that’s what I was going to tell you.

And yes, the interiors are screaming to be painted. It will look less like a toy with just that!

Yes! Absolutely!

PERFECT example of a small detail that will make a BIG difference!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back