Jurassic Park - Let's see what you got?

Re: Jurassic Park Props?

@ allosaur: Do you have the possibilities to print the IDs on plastic like the JP PC Game Card? That would be awesome, but laminated is also good...

But you didn't respond to my question... :) Is there a chance for a small run?!? :love

I would love to have them printed on plastic card stock like that but I think that might be more of a hassle than I care to deal with on a project this small...

I might make a few sets sometime down the line, but right now, I have a lot on my plate to take care of first :)

I would love to have them printed on plastic card stock like that but I think that might be more of a hassle than I care to deal with on a project this small...

I might make a few sets sometime down the line, but right now, I have a lot on my plate to take care of first :)

If you do, let me know, got your Roland Dino sheets, and still love it, because they're very well made... Think about, I think some other people would be interested, too... :thumbsup

Thanks, and I will definetly let you know..... I finally got my scanner to work, and scanned the back of the Temp pass, resized it, and printed it out along with the ID's at a slightly larger size, so as soon as the laminate pouches come it, I will finish them up and post new pics

I still need a post, but after 6 months in my garage, I finished these out this morning.

75c09c49.jpg

-Eric

I still need a post, but after 6 months in my garage, I finished these out this morning.

75c09c49.jpg

-Eric

That is one replica I'm not sure why I passed on....

I do however have a couple of new additions

Gotta have an unfertilized Ostrich egg
IMAG0127.jpg

Islands of Adventure Jurassic Park worker helmet
IMAG0123.jpg

and a couple of recently created ID passes (front)
IMAG0124.jpg

(back)
IMAG0125.jpg

I am almost afraid to ask, but does this qualify as a JP movie prop or collectable?
attachment.php

It was purchased back in 1993 a day or so before the premier of JURASSIC PARK on the Thursday for less than $20. By Monday, I saw the same toy in shops for $90.

From memory, it came from a set of 4 plush toys and the Brachiosaur (spelling?) is actually in the film when Hammond is eating the melting ice cream and reflecting about all the mistakes made. I'm not sure if the Triceratops actually made it on screen.

That would be a collectible, but close to the replicas. I believe that's from the Jurassic Park line of plushes that came out to tie in with the film. The ones in the film were more brightly colored, and were sold by I believe Applause.

Here's a screencap of the dinos in the film:
JP_Plushes.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for that. It is pretty fadded compared to how it looked when it was new. It used to be in my car when I was in my mid 20s', so got a touch of the sun. no doubt.

Wasn't there supposed to be a baby Tricerotops in the first film that got ditched? I'm sure I saw something on this in the extras on the BD set. Maybe that is why it does not have the pointed horns like the one in the screen cap and why the tag also says 1992, not 1993.

I'm sure the green long necked Plush on the hard right of that screen cap was part of the set though. If it were not the insane price increases, I would have bough the other three on that day. From memory the set was Velociraptor, Dilophosausus, The Brachi and Triceratops. Sorry if I spelled the dino names wrong.

Last edited:

Thanks for that. It is pretty fadded compared to how it looked when it was new. It used to be in my car when I was in my mid 20s', so got a touch of the sun. no doubt.

Wasn't there supposed to be a baby Tricerotops in the first film that got ditched? I'm sure I saw something on this in the extras on the BD set. Maybe that is why it does not have the pointed horns like the one in the screen cap and why the tag also says 1992, not 1993.

I'm sure the green long necked Plush on the hard right of that screen cap was part of the set though. If it were not the insane price increases, I would have bough the other three on that day. From memory the set was Velociraptor, Dilophosausus, The Brachi and Triceratops. Sorry if I spelled the dino names wrong.

There may have been a Brachiosaurus, but it was different from the one in the screen cap. I own two versions of the Dilophosaurus. They are different than the dinos in the film. The Trike you have has different eyes, a completely different color scheme (both sizes in the film are pink or red), and the different horns you mentioned. In addition, your tag says Amblin, and a quick ebay search confirmed that these are indeed from Applause. These plushes are cool and are official JP merchandise, but they are not screen accurate, and aren't the dinos in the film.

You are correct that there was supposed to be a baby Trike in the film that got cut. I believe it ended up in a shot in TLW in one of the cages.

Last edited:

'Tis my friend. Mr. DNA is a 2 piece replica of an original cel printed on clear acetate. I just got around to getting a couple together to round off my collection.

Thanks!

Nice, Rylo! Is it a custom piece?

Very cool. I had a buddy do the same for me, which is a page or two back. I thought about doing a printout, but the acetate really makes it pop out and look more polished and professional. I really like the framing job too. If I ever decide to pull mine out of the cabinet, I may have to go this route for the frame.

Yeah, when you layer the acetate over the background like a real cel it really pops.

-Rylo

Very cool. I had a buddy do the same for me, which is a page or two back. I thought about doing a printout, but the acetate really makes it pop out and look more polished and professional. I really like the framing job too. If I ever decide to pull mine out of the cabinet, I may have to go this route for the frame.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back