Jurassic Park - Let's see what you got?

Re: Jurassic Park Props?

Thanks! There are still a few pieces here and there I'm looking for, but I think the collection is a pretty good representation of the film. Every time I look at it, I get to relive the experience of seeing JP for the first time when I was a kid. And I'm very much looking forward to sharing these props with my hypothetical kids when they're old enough. All my JP toys are stored away too, just waiting for them.

Love it... The display is awesome...

still on the run for the mug/helmet/egg/cane... everything... :lol

Of course the stress-thingy, too...

Where do you got the Nedry ID?!?

Love it... The display is awesome...

still on the run for the mug/helmet/egg/cane... everything... :lol

Of course the stress-thingy, too...

Where do you got the Nedry ID?!?

Thanks, and good luck with your hunt! The Nedry ID is a template I grabbed either from the paper props section here or over on JPLegacy.com. I then inserted a cleaned up photo of Wayne Knight into it. Then it was a quick print out, cut out, and lamination, and it's now sitting proudly in my display :).

I just finished making a few park ID badges, just need to print them, add a couple of little signature touches, then put them in the badge holders ;)

I used scans of the JP board game, and Ive got a Nedry ID from here, but that looks better, you maybe have the photo available?!?

I have to print some new, because the back of the IDs is always different, and so it doesn't fit always perfect...

Thought I'd post my finished raptor hatchling model from propbuilder as part of my growing JP collection. I was inspired by davidjurassic / roostercat excellent display of the little raptor hatching out of an egg. I couldn't get hold of an icons raptor egg so ended up sculpting and casting one myself in jesmonite. I also sculpted in his little teeth and tongue and added some taxidermy eyes. I'm just waiting for the acrylic case to be delivered to display him in, but I'm pretty pleased with him. Going to make a start on my SWS T-rex bust next.
Also got my Mr. DNA cell framed (thanks RPF for the background).

View attachment 92138View attachment 92139View attachment 92140View attachment 92141View attachment 92142View attachment 92143View attachment 92144View attachment 92145View attachment 92146View attachment 92147View attachment 92148

a small batch of new replica's I am finishing up on... I'm just waiting for the laminate ID badge holders to arrive..You will notice 2 "Muldoon" badges, I wanted to make a SA and an Idealized version...I also wanted to add something unique, so I created the refracting sticker for the back for security reasoning
IMAG0084.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

Very very cool! For the back, have you considered using a scan of the back of the temp pass that came with the Deluxe game? I'm thinking about modding that up for the back of mine. Ugh. You're making me want to go back to this project, even though I'm in the middle of a build for something else. :wacko

Very very cool! For the back, have you considered using a scan of the back of the temp pass that came with the Deluxe game? I'm thinking about modding that up for the back of mine. Ugh. You're making me want to go back to this project, even though I'm in the middle of a build for something else. :wacko

I actually was planning to use it, but my scanner doesn't want to cooperate

Nice... Cool idea with the back, but I still like the original "Visitor" back. I think that would be more acurate... You consider to sell sets?!?

Yep, I tried the Muldoon Badge,very hard, it's a complete shot of the the upper body, I tried the board game too, but they just used pics from the promotion photos, same as for the trading cards...

Very cool, so far...

Nice... Cool idea with the back, but I still like the original "Visitor" back. I think that would be more acurate... You consider to sell sets?!?

What "Visitor" back are you referring to? As far as I know, unless someone has a screen used badge, we don't know what the backs look like exactly.

Everyone uses the Visitor back... The board game uses the visitor backs and every paper prop has this back, this back must have a source...

Everyone uses the Visitor back... The board game uses the visitor backs and every paper prop has this back, this back must have a source...

Are you talking about the yellow badge with J-033-P on it?

Well, I think it's safe to say that if anyone has that that on the back of their Nedry badge, then it is very inaccurate, considering that that it explicitly says "visitor" on it, and these are all employee badges.

Also, I don't believe at any point do that yellow badges show up in the film. There is a piece of concept art that showcases it, which you can see on Page 12 of the Making of Jurassic Park book, directly below a concept art version of Nedry's employee badge. It may have been considered at some point, but I don't think it made it into the final film. But that is most likely how it ended up in the board game.

I would strongly suggest not using toys, games, etc. to determine the authenticity of something without a secondary source, as they use early artwork and early drafts of scripts to make their products. As a result, there are often discrepancies.

So to go back to the original point, I don't believe they should have the visitor back, as it will actually make them less accurate.

Allosaur, those are awesome :)

One of the first 'paper' props I tried to replicate was a JP ID badge, based on the art from The Making of book. More than ten years ago :lol

-MJ

Thanks guys... Yeah, I wouldn't really go the whole "Vistor" route being these are employees, but I wanted to put something on the back of the ID badges that would stand out and originally wanted to do holograms, but nothing was available, so I picked up the refracting adhesive back paper, and printed out some clear logo's..

@ Mike J. = how did that work out for ya??? My first paper prop from the series were Roland's JP info sheets..I did them about 8 years ago, then before I could save them to a disc, my comp crashed and I lost everything... Took me a few years before i wanted to attempt them again, but I did and I'm happy with the results..

I also got these lil guys in the mail yesterday
IMAG0088.jpg

and I'm also working on a new prop as well :)

Welcome to the insanely nerdy Nedry collector's club! Your membership package will be in the mail. :)

I actually got a new JP-related project myself today as well. Not sure when I'll have time to work on it though. I can think of two possible things your new prop could be, based on our chats. :)

Are you talking about the yellow badge with J-033-P on it?

Well, I think it's safe to say that if anyone has that that on the back of their Nedry badge, then it is very inaccurate, considering that that it explicitly says "visitor" on it, and these are all employee badges.

Also, I don't believe at any point do that yellow badges show up in the film. There is a piece of concept art that showcases it, which you can see on Page 12 of the Making of Jurassic Park book, directly below a concept art version of Nedry's employee badge. It may have been considered at some point, but I don't think it made it into the final film. But that is most likely how it ended up in the board game.

I would strongly suggest not using toys, games, etc. to determine the authenticity of something without a secondary source, as they use early artwork and early drafts of scripts to make their products. As a result, there are often discrepancies.

So to go back to the original point, I don't believe they should have the visitor back, as it will actually make them less accurate.

Yep, thats right... Just my opinion, but:

The movie takes places in a very early period of the park. So, it could be that employee badges are not printed yet. We see in the movie that all employees have to take the boat back to Costa Rica, so no-one (with a few exeptions) stays on the island. So, maybe it could be that everyone uses a first kind of badges with visitor printed on it, for the first period of park development till some places are build, where employees can stay on the island. The idea is not too far away from reality. I worked for a company years ago, and because I was just "hired" from that company from another company I got not a full employee ID card, I got a "guest" ID card for the time.

Whatever... Just want to say the idea with the yellow visotr back is not too bad, as soon someone have a better idea with a cool design...

@ allosaur: Do you have the possibilities to print the IDs on plastic like the JP PC Game Card? That would be awesome, but laminated is also good...

But you didn't respond to my question... :) Is there a chance for a small run?!? :love

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back