Jurassic Park Ford Explorer Toy Upgrade

Little bit more...

Changed the audio head units to silver to match the screen-used trucks.

Added pockets to the seatbacks (not real convincing).
IMG_5172.JPG
IMG_5173.JPG
)...

Last edited:
"It's interactive CD-ROM. Look, see - - you just touch the right part of the screen and it talks about whatever you want."

You should get this logo as a decal/sticker made for the screen.
cd.jpg

"It's interactive CD-ROM. Look, see - - you just touch the right part of the screen and it talks about whatever you want."

You should get this logo as a decal/sticker made for the screen.
View attachment 1550632

LOL Michael - I totally missed this post...

I spent about 45 minutes and ($45.00) at Staples printing out various images for use on the model.

Its funny - the russet plastic of the toy console is indeed too rich compared to the screen-used vehicles. I posted some comparison pictures earlier, but that was of a replica vehicle...

I have a can of Testor's Wood, which is about right for the base color of the console; even sprayed it on earlier, but took it back off.

I can shoot some of the Testor's Wood into a plastic dish and brush on some striations to bring some of that color tone back in.

IMG_5225.JPG

Remember this?

IMG_5064.JPG

More progress...

Audio head units need a second go / touch-up.

Just not happy with the seatback pockets, but not a lot I can do with them now.

Pretty much finished out the rear cargo area.

"Cleaned up" the rear passenger floor boards ("carpet") using painted packing tape. Its better, but not perfect.

Can't wait to paint the inside of the body beige.

IMG_5220.JPG
IMG_5221.JPG
IMG_5222.JPG
IMG_5223.JPG

Little kit looks really good. The inside foam roof looks actually squishy.

This has always been one of my favorite shots in the movie. Although, looking at it looping, I noticed that the T-rex's side mouth jaw parts, whatever they are called, are folding inwards like a piece of rubber, not really flesh like.
But even so, Stan Winston sure did an awesome job. Even if a T-rex didn't look exactly like this...technically.
Rex.gif

Little kit looks really good. The inside foam roof looks actually squishy.

This has always been one of my favorite shots in the movie. Although, looking at it looping, I noticed that the T-rex's side mouth jaw parts, whatever they are called, are folding inwards like a piece of rubber, not really flesh like.
But even so, Stan Winston sure did an awesome job. Even if a T-rex didn't look exactly like this...technically.
View attachment 1551219

Thanks! And it is to scale as well. Actually two scale inches too small.

I'm such a nit-pick; I used a black sharpie on the edge of the tool part image, and the black line looks really bold.

And on the foam, I had to use two pictures stitched together (can't remember why), and the seam line bugs me...

What a difference white wall lettering makes!

Still look like stickers, and in scale, they would stick up off the tire surface half a centimeter.

I still need to clear flat coat the tires, and will add some Tamiya Flat Black along the edges of the stickers. That will black out the white edges, and hopefully soften the transition of the edge of the sticker to the plastic tire surface.

IMG_5253.JPG
IMG_5254.JPG

I'd say that has turned out really great....and knowing you, you will still find 6 more things wrong with that part and redo it again....

Last edited:
I'd say that has turned out really great....and knowing you, you will still find 6 more things wrong with that part and redo it again....

LOL you're right - I don't really do "quick & easy"!

This hobby taught me the true meaning of "crafting", at a loftier level - having the eye and the vision, and the drive to keep working until you reach that vision...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back