Jurassic Park Cryocan scam???

Knowing Ry' has the license this was a no-brainer before even seeing the price.
But $40.....man that's tempting.
"But it's a clearly a scam dude!!"
Yeah but for $40.....
"You don't need a 4th one!!!"
Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a Q tip!!

I fell for a similar Facebook scam a few 3 or 4 years ago. Company advertising decent looking aluminum lightsabers (generic designs but nice looking). A month or two later I received a pair of the flimsy paper thin plastic lightsabers that they have at fairs.

I'd opened a dispute with PayPal after seeing this forum post. This was their reply to me:

"Dear buyer, due to your dispute, we have intercepted the goods and cannot deliver them. All the goods have arrived, if you still need the goods, please cancel the dispute, we can continue to deliver. If you want a refund, please cancel the dispute and we can apply for a refund for you. The matter is very simple, we are not liars, please understand, please cancel the dispute immediately, we can quickly continue the delivery or apply for a refund, we also hope you can receive our package, best wishes"

I fired this back at them... let's see how this goes... lol

"Actually, I know you are lying. You were not given authorization to reproduce this movie prop. The company Barbasol as well as Universal Pictures are aware of your scam now. I assume that if you continue this, you will have legal teams on your case. I checked the tracking, and USPS has not received the item. I am going to be keeping this dispute open, and I am not going to fall for your scam.

"Dear buyer, due to your dispute, we have intercepted the goods and cannot deliver them. All the goods have arrived, if you still need the goods, please cancel the dispute, we can continue to deliver. If you want a refund, please cancel the dispute and we can apply for a refund for you. The matter is very simple, we are not liars, please understand, please cancel the dispute immediately, we can quickly continue the delivery or apply for a refund, we also hope you can receive our package, best wishes"
Oh that's an easy translation.
"Please cancel the dispute as we've been prevented from accessing our scammed funds."

"Dear buyer, your goods have been shipped, or can you cancel the dispute after you receive our goods? Best wishes"

Interesting how it's now showing as being at a shipping partner facility :lol:

Edit: just Googled Fast Track Express. Well, isn't that convenient?

Screen Shot 2023-08-02 at 2.59.28 PM.png

Last edited:
I suspect we'll see a number of people claiming to have received these. They may ship some...that's how these things work. In the end, they'll try and continue to sell.

Regardless, Every time they pop one of these up, legal will be contacting PayPal to remove the link.

I mean, it's magically a lingerie store now. :rolleyes:

"Dear buyer, your goods have been shipped, or can you cancel the dispute after you receive our goods? Best wishes"

Interesting how it's now showing as being at a shipping partner facility :lol:

Edit: just Googled Fast Track Express. Well, isn't that convenient?

It is almost like they believe that you will actually cancel the dispute once you receive the item, the item they clearly know, does not remotely resemble the quality piece they advertised in the photos. You are going to open the package, laugh your ass off, get your refund, and toss the POS in the trash. :lol:

It is almost like they believe that you will actually cancel the dispute once you receive the item, the item they clearly know, does not remotely resemble the quality piece they advertised in the photos. You are going to open the package, laugh your ass off, get your refund, and toss the POS in the trash. :lol:
Exactly! Bwhahahaha!! At best, it will be a poorly done 3D printed piece with only slight resemblance to the actual product. If it even arrives at all!

I posted earlier that PayPal closed my dispute, so I thought I should provide this update. They have a very frustrating system; once the case is closed, it becomes a dead end on their web site. But they have an e-mail address for appeals, so I wrote back asking them to look again at, among other things, this forum thread, for evidence that Belarmes is not selling a legitimate product. I never heard back directly, but I did get a message from Belarmes trying to get me to cancel my dispute (not sure if that was coincidence or my e-mail caused something to be opened). After a week of silence I followed up with more pleas for someone to look at the case, and also included that e-mail, since I think "we'll give you your money back if you cancel your dispute" is another scammer red flag.

In any case, today I received a "Case closed in your favor" message from PayPal with a refund. I don't know if maybe they've determined this seller is a scammer and refunded everybody. I suspect not, because it was the same case number as before, so I'm assuming my appeal request did result in a second look.

While it was "only" $70, I was and still am incredibly embarrassed that I fell for what, in hindsight, was an obvious scam. Doubly so to feel helpless and outsmarted when I discovered "purchase protection" is meaningless and could do nothing while they followed a known playbook of fake tracking numbers and other delaying tactics while PayPal sided with the people who stole my money.

I like to think I am street-smart, careful, and skeptical online. It only takes a moment of letting your guard down; I saw an ad on Facebook, I wasn't aware of what these things are really worth or think about what it would cost to manufacture. If they hadn't sent me an unwanted "you have subscribed to our newsletter" message that led me to go back to their page and realize it was more a facade than a storefront, I'd still think this was on its way. At least I've learned the lesson to be even more suspicious in the future.

I had seen this advertised on Instagram, purchased one and to my surprise, something actually turned up and the box was roughly the size of a Barbasol can.
However, what I received was not a 'fully licensed' prop replica, I was not surprised!
Made a case to PayPal, explained that I had not received what I ordered, and also about how the seller was using fraudulent claims such as 'fully licensed' and the use of unsolicited imagery, luckily PayPal sided with me and refunded all money.
Don't be tempted to try your luck with this, total scam, that is unless you would actually like a plaster trophy of a cigar smoking cup/ cog thingymabob...a highly coveted piece in some parts of the world.

Attachments

• Item Recieved.jpg
    Item Recieved.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 189
I'm actually surprised they shipped "something." Which will make customers angrier (knowing they were scammed either way)? Shipping nothing or shipping something from the dumpster that is roughly the right size?

I'm actually surprised they shipped "something." Which will make customers angrier (knowing they were scammed either way)? Shipping nothing or shipping something from the dumpster that is roughly the right size?
If they didn’t ship something, they couldn’t win the cases filed against them. Sure they will lose quite a few, but I have had more than a couples cases closed by PayPal, as tracking showed “delivered”. I didn’t give up and finally got PayPal to still refund my money, but I’m sure some people just give up and say it’s not worth trying to get the money back. So these scammers are willing to ship out junk and just see what they can still collect in the end.

We need to add a plaque to it, and make it some kind of award for a person doing a “really dumb thing” around here, lol. The winner can hold on to it until the next stupid thing happens, then they can ship it on to the next person. ;)
Totally up for this, could become The RPF Scammy Award?

I had seen this advertised on Instagram, purchased one and to my surprise, something actually turned up and the box was roughly the size of a Barbasol can.
However, what I received was not a 'fully licensed' prop replica, I was not surprised!
Made a case to PayPal, explained that I had not received what I ordered, and also about how the seller was using fraudulent claims such as 'fully licensed' and the use of unsolicited imagery, luckily PayPal sided with me and refunded all money.
Don't be tempted to try your luck with this, total scam, that is unless you would actually like a plaster trophy of a cigar smoking cup/ cog thingymabob...a highly coveted piece in some parts of the world.
Damn, that's even worse than the Raiders of the Lost Ark Golden Idol they sell on Aliexpress.

It's tough because sometimes these things are a disaster and sometimes they aren't half bad. As well as the above-mentioned Raiders Idol (which was terrible) I've gotten a halfway decent Last Crusade Holy Grail and a pretty solid Grail Diary. I've picked up decent boot-legs of Assassins Creed hidden blade props for really cheap, really nice fully metal Zelda Master Sword and Thundercats Sword of Omens for a fraction of the cost of official replicas. Picked up a really good solid steel Monty Python Black Knight helmet off Etsy for under US$100.
You don't always know what you're going to get with these kinds of cheap buys so I can totally see how it can be tempting.

My general rule of thumb is if the prop is too complex, the materials or processes are too fancy or expensive then it's probably gonna suck.
Processes like printing are dirt cheap in China so paper props are generally easy to get for almost nothing.
Injection moulding is expensive if you're the one creating the moulds, but if you're running off bootlegs on the night-shift and hustling them out the side door of the factory, they cost a few cents at most.
A cryocan is a little too complicated for $40, and it's not something that anyone has really mass-produced so it's not a bootleg, which means even cheap Chinese mass-production makes it unlikely to pull off for that price.

We need to add a plaque to it, and make it some kind of award for a person doing a “really dumb thing” around here, lol. The winner can hold on to it until the next stupid thing happens, then they can ship it on to the next person. ;)
I LOVE this idea!!!

And the Broke dork piston trophy is awarded to.......

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back