Jurassic Park Cryocan scam???

TomVDJ

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This add popped up on my facebook timeline: look like a pretty accurate CryoCan to me, so I checked the link. $46 for a can???? This HAS to be a scam, right? NO WAY someone is able to make this prop for that price. Anybody knows what is going on here?

Be aware, people, this is really too nice to be true! Do not buy one on this site, because for $46 I'm pretty sure you don't get what's shown there!

This add popped up on my facebook timeline: look like a pretty accurate CryoCan to me, so I checked the link. $46 for a can???? This HAS to be a scam, right? NO WAY someone is able to make this prop for that price. Anybody knows what is going on here?

Be aware, people, this is really too nice to be true! Do not buy one on this site, because for $46 I'm pretty sure you don't get what's shown there!

You mean “SAVE” $46. It’s actually only $38.99. :lol:

Even more “too good to be true”.

IMG_2705.jpeg

You mean “SAVE” $46. It’s actually only $38.99. :lol:

Even more “too good to be true”.

You're right. I misread. Less then $40 for a CryoCan? Suuuure!

Well, I send their "customer service" an e-mail with some questions about the really low price of this product (used a throw-away gmail address to do so). It would really surprise me if I even got an answer back, but if I do get something back, I'll let it know here ;-).

Last edited:
Yes, seen that too, but they make this classification mostly because the site is very young and did not have a lot of visitors. Don't get me wrong. I'm 99% convinced this is a scam, but it's that 1% that bothers me ;).

In the meanwhile I noticed this on their site.

1689684138549.png

Really? Sold over 5000 of these? In 7 months time? This means they sell 25 a day? On top of that, there is not a single review on their site. So of more than 5000 buyers not one left a review? All very suspicious, off course.

Anyway, still hope they respond and say: "Look, you know what, to proof we are legit, we send you one you can pay for AFTER you receive it!" ;) But who am I kidding, right? Not gonna happen.

Yes, seen that too, but they make this classification mostly because the site is very young and did not have a lot of visitors. Don't get me wrong. I'm 99% convinced this is a scam, but it's that 1% that bothers me ;).

In the meanwhile I noticed this on their site.

View attachment 1720180

Really? Sold over 5000 of these? In 7 months time? This means they sell 25 a day? On top of that, there is not a single review on their site. So of more than 5000 buyers not one left a review? All very suspicious, off course.

Anyway, still hope they respond and say: "Look, you know what, to proof we are legit, we send you one you can pay for AFTER you receive it!" ;) But who am I kidding, right? Not gonna happen.
Interesting, i look at it shows only 3,870 sold...
On the upside, there is "100% Money Back Guarantee". :lol:
1689686481105.png

Yes those are my photos
There is about 2-3 companies using different photos and videos
I don’t understand the scam unless they get lots of orders in withdraw the money and disappear?

They also delete any negative comments on the Facebook adds

Russ

Yes those are my photos
There is about 2-3 companies using different photos and videos
I don’t understand the scam unless they get lots of orders in withdraw the money and disappear?

They also delete any negative comments on the Facebook adds

Russ

Attachments

• BBE23547-AB5B-4570-B4F7-53298387350D.png
    BBE23547-AB5B-4570-B4F7-53298387350D.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 522
Reminds me of the Facebook ad I saw selling the 1/6 JazzInc 60's batmobile for $19.95!

Not $1,995.00, just $19.95. I guess someone must fall for it?

I get sent these links all the time by family and friends (Even though they know I have one already...). I have to point out it's too good to be true. I bet people are getting scammed left and right with this.

Last edited:
I've been getting deluged with these too. The ads claim to be the "only artist authorized to create replicas," which I'm sure sounds great to the people who don't know better.

The ads seem to be getting tons of interaction, a fact I find unfortunate.

I’d message the Etsy seller and see if he wants to C&D them from using his image.
It wont help. Alot of these companies run out of the production warehouses internationally. Whenever they have a surplus of bad product or slop casts they put up shell companies or cheap websites to sell them and then dissolve the websites before any legal action can be pursued.

I had something similar to this happen to me and I had to get WB/Legendary and the host site involved as they were stealing art and making unauthorized merch. I was informed there was nothing that could be done, and it was because after a week or two of operations the websites all but disappeared.

As far as using the Etsy images its a old tactic these entities also use for other sites like Ebay. They just pick a product photo, use the image to promote their own sales, and then disappear before anyone gets wind.

That said if the Etsy user is successful I'd love to hear more. It would be useful here being we have a ton of prop makers, and I'm sure users here have had their images taken and used for unauthorized product in the past.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back