Jurassic Park control room lamps make/model... BONUS: Nedry's shirt spotted!

scoodidabop

Possibly intended for use by architects or artists. Black with a blue trim on the shade, likely halogen given the bulb size and brightness:

IiH1j9K.jpg

E7VcUG8.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Looking for Jurassic Park control room desk lamps make/model...

Do you guys maybe know of some forum/site where people are lamp experts? lol

Still looking for this lamp. No luck yet. Did spot Nedry's shirt on Weeds though! It might even be the EXACT shirt used in JP for all I know.

9ADWsZ1l.jpg

EDIT: Weeds, season 7 episode 1.

Do you guys maybe know of some forum/site where people are lamp experts? lol

I'm on it mate. I went with black for my model's version, just looked nice :D . Adding more junk later, still can't find the thread on here for the book on the desk >_<

1459851_605252086262811_5537994744394720486_n.jpg

Paul

Hard to tell... could be dark grey or black. The look of them varies depending on the lighting I think.

This is the closest I could find and they come in grey
large_Calypso.jpg

Luxo obviously famous for Pixar has be known to supply film companies for over 30 years. It even mentions it in the "Why choose us?"
section their hollywood connection :) . http://www.luxoonline.co.uk/task-desk-lights/calypso-p-14.html

There's a chance that they did a custom job over 21 years ago for Universal or that, that model was available for a limited time.

Edit: This one comes with the blue Diffuser on the head.
POLO_FITTING.jpg

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing find, Cyrix. Was it labeled as a Tekna, or just under a generic desk lamp name? Do you mind if I ask what price you had to pay for it? Always loved these lamps!

The lamp has been identified! Check it out in my "Control Room Props" youtube video!

Duder! Congrats on the find good sir. If anyone was going to procure it, it would be you! Your ever-growing collection is super impressive. Meanwhile I've totally fallen off of replica props and such.

Hope you're well Cyrix. Thanks for the callout on the video ;) Great job finding this really cool lamp!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back