Jupiter 2 Inspired Theater

Talked with the artist last night.

Here is the mural I designed. This will be painted on the back wall. As you look out the windows of the viewport this will be the view. The mural has been superimposed over the real viewport to see what it will look like.

Let me know what you think.
caryfinal.jpg
Cary

Looks great - the over-the-top nature matches the show! Perhaps you could tie the mural in with the theme by including the "Space Pod" in there, as though you were waiting for it to dock/return/monitoring it on a mission?

be3f41b7b5d27f82dc06681fad7add03.jpg

OK

Where would the space pod go. This is a challenge for you guys. Photoshop it in the mural where you guys think it would look best.

Cary

Talked with the artist last night.

Here is the mural I designed. This will be painted on the back wall. As you look out the windows of the viewport this will be the view. The mural has been superimposed over the real viewport to see what it will look like.

Let me know what you think.
View attachment 186094
Cary

It's beautiful, but "painted on the back wall"?? Seems like painting it on a seperate panel (or panels) would make the mural easier to make, install, and keep if you ever leave. But no matter how you do it- that looks fantastic!

Dan S

The reason for the continuous wall is that. If I painted it on panels the depth and illusion of reality would not be there.

By the way. We are also having him paint a smaller version of it to hang on the wall.

Cary:)

As another vague idea, you could replace that planet on the left hand side of your mural with a partial view of the rather sinister "Derelict" - the alien spacecraft which captures the Jupiter 2 in "The derelict":

LostinSpaceDerelict3.jpg

Modern animation of the same:

mqdefault.jpg

Ha! :) I was born in '67, and grew up watching Lost in Space through the 70's in Australia. At the time, I even wrote a letter to the TV station, and received a signed photo of Dr Smith and the B9 for my efforts.

I subscribe to your thread, and follow your posts with jealousy. You have awakened my fandom for the show - stronger than I though possible (and yes, I realise I am "slightly" annoying about it! ;) )

In maker terms, though - I haven't made anything since high school art classes! (I am a pilot by trade - I produce nothing in my work!)

I am a fan of makers, not a maker myself ;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back