Suggestion Junkyard is better than Marketplace. (implemented)

before, I could just say to any of my prop collecting friens to 'check out the [insert name of prop] in the JY' and they'd know exacvtly where to look.

Now I have to send them a link. :(

TheJunkyard.jpg

Thanks Art!:love

-Chaim

WOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

It actually made me smile to see this today!

I just realised yesterday that we ALL say stuff like "check the JY!" It has just been ingrained in my brain for so long.

Abbreviating marketplace... I guess you could say the MP... but that sounds like Military Police! LOL!

It seems dumb to want Junkyard instead of market place. For it to mean that much to members like myself. Especially seeing it was derived from "Watto's Junkyard".

But I think it also serves the purpose of seeming like... "ah this is just a place for old junk trading" (harmless)

As opposed to seeming like the prop WAL-MART. "Hey copyrighted stuff for sale 24/7!" (not so harmless)

Either way this is another shining example of the fact that while Art and the gang ARE going for a new direction, they aren't opposed to suggestion. And they are super cool about trying to be understanding about members wants and needs.

:cheers

Somehow this place just keeps getting better.

I don't own a computer... I own an RPF machine. :lol

Junkyard feels better.
Thanks for changing it back Art! :thumbsup

I compare it to the places where a lot of prop stuff is found, Surplus stores and Thrift stores. It really is junk to most people, but with a little knowledge of what to look for and a lot of luck you can find some pretty amazing things.

I'd totally shop at the Poopfarm, because I have the mind of a 12-year-old boy.

Mod crew, thanks for changing it back. With all the other changes going on, that's one particular thing that didn't really need any adjustment, and us old folks are crabby and set in our ways. Now get off my lawn! :lol :lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back