Jumanji 2 Map

Krats

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I've just about completed a first draft of the Jumanji 2 map based on reference pics from the Propstore auction, got a bit of a problem though: My colour vision isn't great and what with weathering and watermarks the colours in the photos aren't good for a straight colour pick, could anyone help me out with a few swatches I can grab and drop in the file? Here's where we're up to:

Jumanji2-Map-Preview.jpg
And a reference pic:

Jumanji ref image.jpg

I'll share versions of it here once we've got the colour sorted.

This is awesome! I am not great with colors either, but so far it looks amazing! Thank you for doing this! I was hoping someone would tackle this map!

Wow well done, that's wicked so far. I'm awful all together with this sort of thing but desperately learning. I look forward to seeing it finished despite looking amazing so far.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

One thing I noticed from all the auctioned maps is that the "original game board pattern" is missing as well as the jaguar.

The pattern was seen from the very beginning.

I watch the movie again last night.
All the maps in film are cgi.
When not shown in close up it's blank.

Images are made to look like pen and ink and watercolors.
The paper even looks like texture watercolor paper.

I snapped a few pic with my phone that I'll post tonight, unless someone wants to do some screen caps off a blue ray.

I snapped a few pic with my phone that I'll post tonight, unless someone wants to do some screen caps off a blue ray.

Cool, that'd be really helpful if you could. I'll update the artwork to match :)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Hah! Looks like I have some work to do to make my map screen accurate! Oh well.

I'll sort out the five versions of the map from the auction and upload them here but think I'll wait for the dvd to come out before I attempt a SA version.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Here's a couple to show the difference.
It's not a topographical map like the ones sold.

First map.
View attachment 807907

Last map.
View attachment 807908

Notice the scale key is even different.

May I ask you what version of the movie did you take these shots from? The 'last map' particularly. There is no the same exact shot in the version I have. In fact they aren't show completely 'opened' map in whole movie. Some details are different in my version. And the jaguar statue appears only in closeup at the end of the movie. So I was curious what version of the movie it is)

Awesome work! Yeah tbh I thought the maps in the auction went for a bit too high price wise, but glad to have these reference pics.

I just watched it today, and honestly really enjoyed it!

Krats, did you ever print out your map, and how large did you make? Would love to have a large version to weather and display.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back