Juggernaut (X-Men) Helmet

redgeek

Hey I'm looking to make a Juggernaut costume and am having a bit of trouble deciding what to do for the helmet. I'm going for the comic book style of the character, not the movie, although I may take that route if I can't find any easy way of doing it. I originally wanted to use a large metal mixing bowl for it, and cut out the eyes & mouth, but I can't seem to find one big enough. The diameter on the ones I've found is fine, but they don't reach my shoulders. Any thoughts or ideas?

Maybe build up a muscle suit so that the bowl reaches the shoulders? Juggy was massive, after all. ;)

Thought of that, but the problem is that most of the ones I've found don't even come close. The top of my head to my shoulders measures about 11 inches, and even the biggest bowls are only about 7-8 inches tall.

I recently refurbed one of my oldest builds (happened to be the juggernaught helmet).
Bastically i started with a planter that was deep enough to get my head into with space, but not too wide, i then cut the bottom out of it and attached a curved bowl in the top.

I then cut a hole in some sintra and put the planter/bowl through the plastic and marked a oval pattern on the sintra where the shoulders ended.

I then took stiff wire (hangars) and attached them in matching pattern like a tepee fire build but up aganst the sides of the planter, to form the basic triangular and rounded shape.

Then i bondoed and fiberglassed and filled and filled, and painted and sanded and painted.. etc.....

It was alot of work but i got it to an acceptable state.

Unfortunately it is 4-5 yrs old and my fried who wears it, has often ACTED like the juggernaut in it, resulting in SEVERAL repairs.

Untitled by nachtinis, on Flickr

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks man! It's actually really funny because I just went out and bought a big flower pot toiday (before I even saw this!) because I thought I might be able to make it work. Gonna get started with it this weekend...will post pics when it's done!

I would suggest just add a couple of feet of height to your body, then maybe a couple hundred pounds of muscle. :lol

If that doesn't work, it looks like nachtinis had some great advice, that one came out great.

Good luck - love the comic Juggernaut (movie... eh) look.

I thought about that, but those steroids are just SO damn expensive! Haha...and yeah I love comic Jug! That's why I'm willing to jump through hoops so I don't have to go movie style.

I thought about that, but those steroids are just SO damn expensive! Haha...and yeah I love comic Jug! That's why I'm willing to jump through hoops so I don't have to go movie style.

Yeah, comic all the way. And of course I'm no one to tell someone about a project of theirs, but personally for me it'd be "I can't figure out how to the comic version. I guess I'm not making a Juggernaut!"

But that is coming from someone who would probably screw up cutting poster board in half, so I probably have a pretty pessimistic attitude.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back