JPG Productions yt-2400 Outrider 1/144

Carnet

Just finished this great little 1/144 yt-2400 Outrider kit by JPG Productions.
IMG_0339.jpg
IMG_0336.jpg
IMG_0330.jpg
IMG_0329.jpg

Looks awesome! I LITERALLY just got mine out of the box yesterday and was looking at it. Did you use the provided decals or did you paint the panels? How was the overall fit? Do you have any WIP pics?

SB

Looks awesome! I LITERALLY just got mine out of the box yesterday and was looking at it. Did you use the provided decals or did you paint the panels? How was the overall fit? Do you have any WIP pics?

SB
Sorry, no WIP. I just blew through this one.

I chose to mask and paint instead of using the supplied decals. There is nothing wrong with the decals. I just like my paints.

No issues with the build outside of the scope of normal resin kit stuff, it was a fun little build.

There was some minor warpage to the two halves that I attempted to work out with heat, but didn't really accomplish much. The seams aren't bad at all. Most of them end up being behind the side walls. The area of the model that took the most work was the fitment of the cockpit tube to the body. Proceed very slowly with that, check and recheck your alignments. I ended up taking off a bit too much here or there and had to come back with filler where I otherwise would not have had to because I took too much material off.

I would suggest getting the hull glued together as one piece first before doing any test fits of the cockpit tube. I think that would have helped me avoid the issue that I had. I was checking fitment of the cockpit tube on the bottom and top halves separately, and I did all of my shaving, but then when the two hull pieces were glued together...things changed.

On the sidewalls, If you install them as they are, the end up being flush with the edges of the hulls, which I didn't particularly like, so I put them on my bench sander and made them paper thin so that there was some overhang of the hull top and bottom.

Be careful with the 3d printed cannon pieces, you only get one set and they are SLA resin, so they are very brittle, I broke one of the turret mounts when removing the support material.

The "bubbles" on the cockpit that I think are supposed to be windows were a pain in the butt for me to paint cleanly, admittedly I'm not very good at super tiny and precise brush work. If I had a chance to do it again, I would paint them gloss black first, then mask them off rather than try to paint them at the end with a brush like I did. I'm not really happy with how mine came out...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back