Jok3r0314's 2015 Mar-May Sculpture Contest Entry

Jok3r0314

Sr Member
My name is J.R. Happy father of 2 and married to a wonderful woman. I haven't been sculpting long but I like to do it on my free time as a pass time. For this contest I plan on doing an original oil based clay sculpt of a character for the upcoming video game " metal gear solid v the phantom pain " his name is skullface. Within a few days ( I hope) I'll have something in the form of concept/progress for this project :) image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait till the release in September, that game is going to be awesome! I haven't had time to sit and sketch but I did already cut and shape all the metal for the wire armature so I'll go ahead and post those pics. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg Rough sketches for facial details also I had to scrap the initial armature , truth be told my youngest tossed it in the trash and don't mind the silly half face I was just playing with some leftover liquid latex I had from Halloween

I remember playing Metal Gear Solid way back in the day on my very first game console, the original PlayStation. I'm not up to date on the game scene, but it looks like a very cool character and I can't wait to see you flesh it out!

Your sketches look great. Best of luck!

I remember playing Metal Gear Solid way back in the day on my very first game console, the original PlayStation. I'm not up to date on the game scene, but it looks like a very cool character and I can't wait to see you flesh it out!

Your sketches look great. Best of luck!

While far from my first game console (feeling old) MGS was the reason I bought a Playstation!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Mgs has to be one of my all time favorite series, I've always been fascinated by what mr kojima can think up. Skullface is one bad ass s.o.b. For sure. My main focus right now is my gorgonites sculpts from small soldiers so this one will be in between those guys, I've only roughed out his form over the armature but I'll have something more detailed to show in a few days. Thanks, the sketches are just for reference :) but I have drawn him a few times and I even cosplayed as his, made the latex mask from scratch ( very rough mask, it was my first) some might say I'm a bit obsessed but that just their opinion XD image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpgimage.jpgNot a lot of progress but I have started on te rough details, again don't mind the little half mask, it's just there for proportion sake and it seems I may have to enlarge his head a bit.

Dude. The clothing is looking really good. Awesome stuff man.

thanks man, I'm glad you think so. I'm working on so many different sculpts it's easy to keep each feeling new. I've got to admit I am rushing a bit simply because I do have other projects that I really want to finish up (cough cough... My small soldiers post.... Cough cough ) Asap XD so I'll be updating it soon ( another couple of days)

image.jpg I just couldn't help myself, I pushed some Clay around on this guy. Still focused mainly on my current commission charizard. Won't be long now before skullface starts taking better shape. In the game trailers and from the play arts it's shown that he wears a domino mask, I'm not sure if Im gonna sculpy his mast or show his scars. I guess time will really dictate that. Also I want to focus on his cowboy boots, I'd like to do an alligator pattern but again I'll have to see what time (and personal skill) allows me to achieve. Hope you guys like this one :)

image.jpgI opted with keeping the domino mask on ( although the contest has a bit of time I do not ) and the face is nowhere near complete of course. The fist was a bit tricky now I have to duplicate what I did for the other, also I think my boots are too big but I'll try and see how they look with detail.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg I know I know, so many updates but hey no harm no foul right? I have to say the boots look pretty good compared to my first draft and i roughed out his little hat and of course I tweaked the face a bit as well. Hope you all like it so far. Not long now before my submission is complete :)

image.jpgimage.jpg With so many projects going on I'll have to call this one done. Skullface stands at 13" tall, I'm thinking about making a silicone mold so I can cast duplicates for any metal gear solid fans out the that may want to aquire one :) but for now as I said my contest entry is complete and I can now focus on my gorgonites full time. Thanks for the opportunity at this contest and good luck to all who have entered or plan on entering, I look forward to seeing all of them :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back