Jok3r0314's 2015 Mar-May Sculpture Contest Entry

Really nice detail on this; turned out great! Boots, hat, mask, pants, tie, coat....can't decide what I like the best. :D

What clay did you end up using? It looks like it holds form really well.

Really nice detail on this; turned out great! Boots, hat, mask, pants, tie, coat....can't decide what I like the best. :D

What clay did you end up using? It looks like it holds form really well.

:) thanks a lot, to be honest I'm in your boat cause I can't decide which I like most either XD I use an oil based modeling clay by a company called " Nicole" pretty inexpensive at $2.50 per lbs. View attachment 452791

I've already made both halves of the silicone mold and it turned out awesome, I'd like to post them here but I'm not sure if it would go against contest rules :/ I also made a simple display box and the art for it, nothing fancy. I'll be pouring my resin (15 min demold time) into the mold to see how my first cast comes out. Again Id like to post those pictures here

Very nice bud!

Glad the mold turned out well. I'd shoot Michael Bergeron a message to make sure but I think you can post the finished piece.

I definitely want to see it!

I just got the ok to post my progress. I continued this on my own and I know I will only be judged on my clay sculpt. As I said I went and a 2 part block mold using smooth on's oomoo 25 and I made a plastic copy using their smooth cast 300 resin. Now it's just up to my wife to paint him image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

LOL, you even have a box for him; that's awesome! Casting turned out really nice. Great seam line, with minimal flashing! I always forget to cut good vent channels like you have there.

How did you like Oomoo for a block mold? I've used it for open-faced casts, but not for a block. It was easy to work with, but the dimensional stability, and tear strength always concern me.

LOL, you even have a box for him; that's awesome! Casting turned out really nice. Great seam line, with minimal flashing! I always forget to cut good vent channels like you have there.

How did you like Oomoo for a block mold? I've used it for open-faced casts, but not for a block. It was easy to work with, but the dimensional stability, and tear strength always concern me.

Thanks :) The box came together quite easy with some scrap carboard and some printed art. I have quite some learning indeed but I am pretty happy about the cast, minimal repair work. I like the oomoo a lot. It cures pretty quick and it holds its form pretty well while making removal Ic the cast almost effortless with its flexibility. Gentle handling is always my motto. I've got a gallon of this stuff and I hope to be molding and casting my gorgonites pretty soon. My wife should be putting a couple hrs in paint tonight so I should have something to show pretty soon as well.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg My wife finished painting him and sealed him with clear krylon. I'm pretty happy with it. After hearing the news of Hideo kojima's departure from konami after the release of metal gear solid v I want to make big boss

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back