Johnny Lightning Jupiter 2 project

Chrisisall

Sr Member
Does anyone here have a Johnny Lightning Jupiter 2?
I was on Ebay last night & saw one in the last few minutes of an auction for $5, so I jumped on it. But my real question is: is it a solid plastic or metal piece? I'd like to throw a micro-interior & led into it, but that might be a problem if it ain't kinda hollow. I'm also assuming I have to put windows in, in any case.
The pictures I've found in many places don't make it clear...

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Re: Johnny lightning jupiter 2 question:

Does anyone here have a Johnny Lightning Jupiter 2?
I was on Ebay last night & saw one in the last few minutes of an auction for $5, so I jumped on it. But my real question is: is it a solid plastic or metal piece? I'd like to throw a micro-interior & led into it, but that might be a problem if it ain't kinda hollow. I'm also assuming I have to put windows in, in any case.
The pictures I've found in many places don't make it clear...

Thanks for any help!

I have several Star Trek JLs and they're definitely almost entirely--if not all--plastic. Only the stand is metal. Not sure about the hollow aspect. My guess is that the J2, being the shape that it is, would probably be largely hollow. But not sure.

The hull is metal with plastic legs. 2 tiny phillips head screws hold it together. It's hollow inside. "fluke " over on Hobbytalk did a lighting job on this complete with a rotating fusion core on the underside.

Last edited:

The hull is metal with plastic legs. 2 tiny phillips head screws hold it together.
:lolI just got it, comes apart easy as pie- this is gonna be a lot less difficult than I'd imagined! And SO accurate given the scale! Porthole is a little big... don't know if I want to live with it or tighten it up a bit... door's a little wide...
Like I thought, windows are 'frosted' inside- they gotta be changed out.
Definitely have to get another one of these to make just in 'flight' mode!
The real work is in micro-sculpting the flight deck & wiring it for light.:wacko
The (very) mini alternative to the Moebius metal one! tm:lol:lol:lol:lol
JupiterLightningProject.jpg

Let the fun begin!
Err, tomorrow. Sunday at the latest.:)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back