John Wick ensemble

masterjedi322

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Looking to put together a John Wick ensemble and was hoping the folks here might be able to point me in the right direction!

I don't have a particular scene I'm going for - just the black suit with the dark/black/charcoal shirt and tie.

I know one of the JW3 suits that went for auction was a Macy's exclusive Calvin Klein suit, but does anyone know if the CK suits were used for all/most of Wick's suits?

Also, based on how many Wick suits went in that auction, does anyone happen to know the brand of shirt, tie, and/or shoes they used for the Wick outfits?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Sean

enterprise0216 is my friend miguel. we are both big john wick fans. the like us is comment is implying there may be other john wick nuts like us. meaning big fans. does that help?

I did a month research into the different suits worn by Keanu Reeves in all the different movies and well it’s pretty in-dept. For example there is a suit he simply where’s meaning for looks and up lose for the cameras. In action scene same suit or what appears to be the same but designed to take more abuse in fight scenes during hand to hand combat. Basically not every suit is same the depends what the storyline calls for. Appearance wise a suit may look the same, but the fabrication and materials slightly different. Again lots of info out there. Enjoy your search I am sure suit when you have it together will look great!

Thanks for the inputs! I've read about the different stunt suits and how they were modified for the scene they were doing.

I was more interested in seeing if anyone identified the name brand of suit, shirt, ties, or shoes. I know several suits went for auction via Prop Store, but I haven't seen much in terms of matching them to off-the-shelf pieces.

Thanks again! Will keep digging!

Sean

Hey Sean!

Chiming in here with what info I have. This suit here is from Prop Store's John Wick: Parabellum auction. It is marked as having been used as a stunt suit in the Grand Central Station sequence. Based on the auction there were many suits used, but this would represent the style worn from the end of the desert sequence through the fights in the Continental and the end of the film.
DSC_0041.JPG

A close-up of the pattern. Shirt, tie, and cat hair are my own:
DSC_0032.JPG

I'm sure that the "hero" suits are a different story, but I was amused to find out that at least in the case of this stunt, it's basically an off-the rack Calvin Klein:
IMG_0507.JPG

Happy to answer any more questions or provide any more photos! One other avenue that may be worth pursuing is Ike Behar. For a while after a release of John Wick 3 they offered a "John Wick Collection" of clothing. Suits, shirts, belts, etc... Not exactly replications, more of an "inspired by..." sort of thing. But it could be worth reaching out to see if at any point they had access to originals.

Happy hunting!

Just because I need a spot to paste this....

All are for reference pics and info. I don't doubt some are the common clothing scam sites claiming to have exact matches so this is not an endorsement for purchasing. Was in process of doing a John Wick build and saw this existing thread.

Here's our version:

extra-image-3183.jpg

If you click the link, there are some details listed of the suit, if you'd like a go at making your own or trying to find a lower cost alternative. If you want to send me a PM, I could send you all the specs we used though, as pointed out above, there are several different suits used throughout the series, we just replicated one specifically requested by a client.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Here's our version:

View attachment 1721978

If you click the link, there are some details listed of the suit, if you'd like a go at making your own or trying to find a lower cost alternative. If you want to send me a PM, I could send you all the specs we used though, as pointed out above, there are several different suits used throughout the series, we just replicated one specifically requested by a client.

Kind regards,
Magnoli
Magnoli, have you worked on the one that looks to have the folded lapel vest? At first I thought it was a trick of the light but then found that folded lapel vests are available. Like you said it is only one of the series that were worn.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back