Jaws Clapperboard build

Magnoli Props

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was meant to share this a while ago as it was a fun build for a client.
I think the build all came about because of this thread Production Used Jaws Clapperboard? about, well I have to say an impressive forgery.

The idea was to build a replica of the board from this photo of Spielberg, but I made a mistake...
BdXTKG1l.jpg

I was using images from the the Props Store auctions, I think they have sold two of these, but instead of using the images of the "older" board I started replicating the "newer board" which ha the teeth around the other way.
Not until I has cut and assembled the pieces did I see what I had done.:oops:
7da2bWCl.jpg
W9il7XAl.jpg

Once the mistake was realized we decided to run with it. Props Store believe that there are 4 original boards out there. (I could be wrong here) 2 have gone through Props Store and 2 are out there somewhere.... So we decided to finish the board as if it was one of the missing boards adding a few fun details.
TiYpjlAl.jpg

5Wl02PZl.jpg

I called the board "c camera" and dated it to be the second to last day of filming as so I hear, Spielberg is never present on the last day of filming to make sure nothing unpleasant happens to him like being thrown into the pool! Also left off the rubber bands and made it look like the screws had fallen out long ago.

Last edited:
I've always wanted one of these..did you sign write or print the lettering ?
Looks Super neat!
The front is all printed and glued to the wooden board. A clear matt spray is applied and then the aging and chalk added. It gives a realistic effect which we really like.

The front is all printed and glued to the wooden board. A clear matt spray is applied and then the aging and chalk added. It gives a realistic effect which we really like.
Thats an good idea I didn't think of that..

Yours looks Great!.. Love the personalised idea too.

Runs to library!
It's cheaper than buying a cart for the printer..

Edit: in the S.S photo above it looks like there might be some kind of handle he is holding the clapper teeth open by ?

Last edited:
Edit: in the S.S photo above it looks like there might be some kind of handle he is holding the clapper teeth open by ?
Yes, I don't know if you can see it but the black strip on top protrudes about 10-15mm ether side and I believe he has his thumb under that.

Unreal! love the final outcome looks top notch
I was just in the middle of creating the same thing. What sort of tool did you use to cut the teeth?

Would you be willing to share your dimensions for the build?
trying to base mine on the Auction dimensions. But when I used that in PS to scale the flat image of the Clapper Board it seemed stretched!

2022-11-24 11_44_15-Jaws Clapper.psd @ 33.3% (Layer 3, RGB_8).png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back