Jareth -Labyrinth -Bust WIP

chuckyAPP

Sr Member
HI, just started working on a Jareth bust from Labyrinth. Purchased a David Bowie plaster life cast off ebay. I started by drilling out the eye sockets and settin in eyes with epoxy putty. Then I sculpted in the eye lids ith super sculpey. Still need to build out the back of his head. The wig was bought online, need to trim and style that as well, just placed it on for pics. Hoping it will really come together after I do the eyebrows and eye makeup. the paint is just a basecoat for now. Thanks for looking.

This is what i started with, although the castin I got was not nearly as nice as the one pictured.:
dbears1.jpg
[/IMG]

eye sculpt progress:
030711143337.jpg
[/IMG]

Preliminary paint without eyebrows:
2011-03-09_12-27-19_457.jpg
[/IMG]

and one with the wig:
2011-03-09_12-29-23_682.jpg
[/IMG]

Its coming along nicely... but not only do you have to change the pupils, the left eye is green/hazel and the right eye is blue/gray.

Hi guys ,,,thanks for the feedback. I know Bowie had some crazy eyes, accident in his childhood messed up one of his eyes. Im gonna have to paint them. Gonna do that next. Did some painting on the face and the eyebrows. Still touching up the makeup. the hair is just sitting there for pics,,,not done. Also need to sculpt in chest area and add some clothing. I may do his hand holding the crystal ball as well.

2011-03-09_20-28-34_765.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok,,,,fixed the eyes....Didnt realize how crazy his eyes are, one pupil is completely dialated,,,lightened up the eyebrows too.

2011-03-09_21-34-25_41.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
OK,,,the eyebrows were ridiculous....i thinned them down and fixed them,,,i think, let me know what you think please. Hair still needs doing as well as the bust and clothing. thanks

2011-03-10_18-18-54_818.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
they dont seem to stand out as much anymore but that might just be because you darkened the eye makeup, they still seem a bit to dark and one solid color.

OK,,,lol,,,I dont know whats wrong with my eyes. I thinned them out again,,,,lightened them, I think I got it? Also, anyone have good pics of the necklace? Gonna be making one of them. I know there were three versions of it in the film. Thanks, and as always criticism is welcome, both good and bad its the only path to improvement.

2011-03-11_16-08-31_542.jpg
[/IMG]

2011-03-11_16-08-43_510.jpg
[/IMG]

I'd say you're definitely on the right track now. The eyebrows were definitely throwing everything off by being to thick. I think the other thing that will help is when you style the bang section of his hair over his forehead. It will help break up the eye makeup a bit.
If I were to knitpick I would say that his eye colors are a liiiiiitle extreme. I don't know if that is what you are going for so if it is then disregard my comment lol. If it isn't then you could probably due with making his blue eye a bit more blue gray with a more natural "mottled" look if that makes sense. The coloring of his eyes seem to be a bit to even. Also, again I don't know how true this is, I read that his eyes may not actually be two different colors but that one of them just appears darker due to his fully dilated pupil. Though when you look at pictures it definitely comes off as two colors. So maybe his green eye could have a tiny bit of a blue gray dabbed in there to help them blend a bit but still seem different?

I don't know if any of that is helpful or something you've already thought of but figured I'd throw my two cents in there hahhaa. I can't help it, I'm Bowie obsessed. :D

Thanks for the feedback guys. The wig was just thrown on there for pics, it will be glued down, trimmed, and styled. Ill work more on blending the makeup and fixing the eye color. So hard to find hi res pics if the eyes. Any ideas on costume choice?

Well the easiest is when he's singing "dance magic, dance" or whatever the title of that song was to the baby. I think it's also kind of the most recognizable costume.

While these images aren't high res (and you may have seen them before) I feel they depict his eye color as they would be naturally without any enhancement and his eyes are very open in the images so you get a pretty good view of the coloring.

bowie.jpg

david_bowie.jpg

Wow I never noticed his eyes were like that. I knew a guy who was a cook and got hurt and one of his eyes had that look but it was also slightly divided which was kinda creepy but in Bowie's case it adds something to the character that makes it stand out more.

Wow I never noticed his eyes were like that. I knew a guy who was a cook and got hurt and one of his eyes had that look but it was also slightly divided which was kinda creepy but in Bowie's case it adds something to the character that makes it stand out more.

Yea the eyes are pretty cool. I guess that's where Marilyn Manson got the inspiration to war the two colored contacts....he's a huge Bowie fan.

I added insulation foam to the back of the head and fixing up the eyes. Have pics up later.

This one looks like Chrome.
20270416.png

necklacelabyrinth.jpg

This is one of the screenused ones, It belongs to the guy who played baby toby in the movie. Its not the same one that was used in the first picture.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back