Jango Fett helmet: where to get the real deal?

Nairod

Hi dear members and Fett lovers.

I'm really sorry for this new "what is the best XXX helmet".... I made search over here and TDH, read many threads about Jango helmet, but don't have a true answer to my question.

Because there is many Fett makers, many stories behind each props and replicas and many supporters for this one or this one.

I'm not here to say "this maker is better than this one" because it apperas that each maker know what he do with fiberglass, cold cast, etc...

I mainly want to know who offer a true lineage helmet and early generation (and not a cast, of a copy from a friend who had permission to make mould from a copy of a guy who sold his molds taken from a 1rst gen cast of a true prototype used after 3d scanning....etc etc you know what I mean).

So the candidates are: Animefan, Asok, Minutefett, Wastedfett and Bobamaker. All offers nice lookin Jango Fett helmet but with all these recent stories around Boba Fett helmet, it's hard to follow (some offers true 2nd gen cast, other allowed recast but cleaned, etc...).

Again, I'm not here to say "this maker is better than this one" or "this one is a recaster....". Just looking for an early generation cast.

Many thanks for your help.

WF and BM are your best bet for a standard Jango Helmet right now. I think both have made modifications to the original casts, which come from an early cast of the ILM prototype.

A diferent cast is the MF, with the dent seen after Kamino, which I think comes from the same master used by WF but with diferent modifications, such as the dent.

It's up to you which helmet looks the best for you, compare them and pick the one that gives you the best feel. I think all of them have the same grey origins so no one is closer to the screen used one (I might be wrong).

The problem with the Jango helmet is that it looks very different from scene to scene.In the closeups it looks more bulky and more like the one from the promoshots.In the actionscenes the helmets are very thin and looking smaller.And thats not enough...some Jangos are also a part or complete CGI.And when you look at the helmet in the archive(on the extra Bluray)that looks also different.Same with the colors.Some helmets are looking complete blue and the weathering makes the darker areas.But some are painted with 2 colors +weathering.Its really strange.

In my eyes no Jango on the market is perfect.Its a personal taste which you prefer.

Well, all Jangos were painted using the same colours and all come from the same master. The CGI costume is not a costume, like you wouldn't want a rubber stunt (Boba or Jango). I think we all are trying to replicate the Hero costume no matter the character (a whole different world applies to the OT sabers, as there are a lot of stunts who were really well crafted) and the lighting that affected it through the filming proccess.

So, IMO, a perfect Jango is the Hero costume, (Kamino or Geonosis), as well as a perfect Boba are the three Hero costumes (ESB, RotJ or SE).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back